Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please say a prayer for a guy I have ridden with a few times. Murph was in a very serious motorcycle accident yesterday. His tibia was in pieces with bone sticking out. He landed so hard on his back he destroyed the L2 vertebrae in his back. He already had surgery on his leg. They put rods in his leg and kept the wound open to try and get it all cleaned out. They are trying to figure out how to best operate on his back. Here is a link to the article.

NorthJersey.com: Motorcyclist fractured spine in Westwood crash

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
Done!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
One of those comments says its the bikers fault because he thought he was king of the road. I hate stupid cagers so much for thinking all motorcyclists are just "bad donkeys".... Left hand turning vehicles are the leading cause in motorcycle accidents involving two parties. Cagers cant accuratly judge distance and speed of a motorcycle AND half the time they don't even see the biker. I really think people need to wake up and drive when they drive. There are so many problems with cagers....thats why driving a motorcycle is DANGEROUS. Be safe guys and he is in my prayers. Sorry for the rant...its late and I was almost hit buy a woman(not being sexist) talking on the phone with her shoulder, applying makeup in the rear view mirror, and holding coffee in her other hand. I pressume she was driving with her knees....but things like that need to be ticketed. Reckless and careless driving...attempted vehicular manslaughter...

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Prayers for Murph. Keep us posted.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
prayers for his recovery and for healing through all family and freinds

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
Prayers from Alabama. what a terrible, terrible accident.

Also, this caught my attention:

“The motorcycle hit the vehicle as it was turning left,” the chief said.
As terrible as this tragedy is, I think it bears remembering to be careful out there, and it's a painful reminder to keep our heads on a swivel around traffic.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Please know he's in our prayers down here. Its sad that every year almost each and every one of us knows someone who is involved in an accident on their bikes. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll keep him & his family in my thoughts, I hope he gets well soon and can be back out on his bike :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Please say a prayer for a guy I have ridden with a few times. Murph was in a very serious motorcycle accident yesterday. His tibia was in pieces with bone sticking out. He landed so hard on his back he destroyed the L2 vertebrae in his back. He already had surgery on his leg. They put rods in his leg and kept the wound open to try and get it all cleaned out. They are trying to figure out how to best operate on his back. Here is a link to the article.

NorthJersey.com: Motorcyclist fractured spine in Westwood crash
1 John 5:14-15 tells us, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him." No matter the person praying, the passion behind the prayer, or the purpose of the prayer - God answers prayers that are in agreement with His will. His answers are not always yes, but are always in our best interest. When our desires line up with His will, we will come to understand that in time. When we pray passionately and purposefully, according to God's will, God responds powerfully!

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I heard that his back surgery went well. Still hoping the leg can be saved. Time will tell. I will be visiting him next Sat with a bunch of people from my riding group. We plan to take over the hospital. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's really a shame.

But, IMHO, that points out again the value of having a headlight modulator.

I don't have any studies, but in my personal experience, it seems like cars wait twice as long for me to pass by before they turn left across my path or pull out from the right.

If I were ever to buy a new bike, the first mod would be a headlight modulator.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Prayers coming from Texas.

·
Use to be DUDESTER
4 Posts
Prayers sent from Ontario Canada (hey every l'il bit helps ....right ? ) Prayers also being sent to you MONSTERZX.....Hang in there, and may the big guy be with you through your journey.
Maybe some of you can send prayers.....ney..... a miracle !!.....for the Montreal Canadians hockey game Monday night against Philly ! :oops: :mrgreen:

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I willl pray for him. I've been talking with the man up stairs a lot since getting cancer in april so I know he will help
Good luck with fighting your cancer.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts