Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be painting my 1600 Nomad this winter and right now I'm taking everything apart.

First question: I have removed the tank, and siphoned it as much gas as I can, but there is still a cup or two of gas in it. How do I drain it completely dry? I haven't removed the pump yet or the wire that go with it yet. Will I be able to drain where the fuel pump mounts?

Second question: I'm having a hard time separating the saddle bag doors inside plastic (black) from the outside (painted), and removing the chrome handle. Is there some secret to this that I ought to know?

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Not sure about the second question, but for the first, I've always just left the tank hose disconnected and turned on the bike. The power to the internal pump pushed gas in a hurry out of the tank. Do it a few times and it should get most of it out, then then the rest evaporate. Make sure you have a tube connected to the port going to a bucket so the gas doesn't go all over the bike. Don't ask me how I know that it's easy to forget. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.