1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I ordered mine from Phat performance parts. Was $236.85 shipped.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Seems about the price I paid when I did my V2K...though living up here, prices were more expensive than some other prices I noticed down there.

Try pricing them out individually with your local dealer. After I did our bikes, I checked with my local dealer and they had Russell lines and Motion-Pro cables at very reasonable prices.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems about the price I paid when I did my V2K...though living up here, prices were more expensive than some other prices I noticed down there.

Try pricing them out individually with your local dealer. After I did our bikes, I checked with my local dealer and they had Russell lines and Motion-Pro cables at very reasonable prices.
Good idea. Thanks.

·
Father Guidosarducci
565 Posts
This is what I paid from Phat Performance the length was for 13" apes. The brake line I could've went with +4

Barnett Stainless Steel Clutch Cable - Vulcan 900 Custom [Cable Length:+6][Cable Finish:Stainless] $77.95 Shipped
Barnett Stainless Steel Throttle Cable Set - Vulcan 900 Custom [Cable Length:+6][Cable Finish:Stainless] $103.95 Shipped
Galfer Front Brake Line - Vulcan 900 Custom [Galhper:6] $54.95 Shipped

Total was $236 shipped Phat offers free shipping on orders over $99

The lines are not cheap and they cost me the most to convert to Apes.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Oh yeh, personally I'd stay away from Goodridge brake lines. I used them on my old V2K the fitment stank, they forgot to send a "T" splitter and when they did it wouldn't fit my bike, and their customer service was 110% useless.

I used a combination of Galfer and Russell lines on Tracy's old crusier and both products were great.

·
99%er
239 Posts
If you get black cables you can get them for around $200 or stainless for around $230. $300 seems high.
I'm buying mine in stages, i just ordered my throttle cables a few days ago.
When i get some more play money i'll order the rest.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
I paid about the same as Guidosarducci from Phat....Barnett cables are nice as well as the Galfer brake hose. I had read mixed reviews on the Galfer hose but I've had no problems and I like the way the fitting at the caliper end rotates for best fit if needed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts