Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the whole posting idea but have been getting some great information form this site for a while. I have a 1982 Kawasaki kz750E3 with Keihin CV-34 carbs with stock air box and exhaust. My question involves the primary main jets. I was cleaning my carbs and thought I would remove the jets, but in the process I messed up the notch in the top to screw it out. So the first part of my question is if any of you know of a source to replace this jet. The second part of my question is if the keihin air jets I found on motorcyclecarbs.com will work in place of the original primary main jets.

KEIHIN PILOT AIR JET 99101-ZF5 #62

Thanks for the help!

·
Riding every day!
1,063 Posts
The Kawasaki parts list calls for a #62, that could be the one in your picture. Does the jet in the picture match the same jets in the other 3 carbs?

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Any bike shop can get them for you. They are very inexpensive. Because they are small, the chances are that they will have them in stock, but if not, they can definitely order them. They should be able to tell you the OEM size to replace them with too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first thing I did was go to my local Kawasaki dealer and asked them for that part, I even brought in the carb and one of the undamaged jets. They had no idea what it was and had no clue how to get one, they referred me to a local Honda dealer. The techs there still could not help me out, so they referred me to motorcyclecarbs.com. From the research I did I was under the assumption that the jets for my Keihin carbs were out of production. When I found the Keihin air jet that looked exactly the same as the one in my other 3 carbs I just thought I would get a second opinion weather it would work or not, I’m a poor college student and frivolous spending is the last thing I need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for, just got them ordered and will report back and tell you if that is what I was looking for. I thought I had tried the Keihin site but I must not have looked hard enough. Does anyone know why they are called air jets and not primary mains like in the manual?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I hate threads that don’t get wrapped up, so I ordered the jets from Sudco and they worked perfectly. The only draw back is that it cost me $30!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts