Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone. As some of you may not know I have a Ninja EX500. I have been having this reoccuring problem with my plugs... I have to keep changing them. :) No really... each time I put in a new pair the bike is fine for a while then as usual it starts dropping one cylinder in the middle of riding. It drops it for a few seconds then kicks back on. As you can guess the bike is jumping speeds as it kicks on and off. My other half says it is a carb problem (such as too rich a fuel mix) due to the fact that I have a Jardine exhaust (without the baffles). The bike didn't have this problem before I dropped it last year. So does anyone know how to adjust the carbs and what they should be set at? Freakinout - you should know this since you have the same exhaust as I. Help me out.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Its quite possibly a vaccum problem. I had to hook up a T connector to both vaccum lines on the carbs and hook the 3rd end up to the petcock.

Petcock
vaccum line
T connector
Vaccum line Vaccum Line
Carb Carb

This might help you out. I had a similar problem where it acted like a cylinder was cutting out at idle. It also would try and die on me a few times when I was at highway speeds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts