Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite my efforts of wearing my two piece around the house for hours on end nothing has prepared my leathers for the riding position and when I'm in one the trousers really dig into the back of my legs behind the knees. It's getting better, but so far they have pinched my skin and I have some blood blisters.

They're getting looser, but are still uncomfortable when sat on a bike and moving my legs to use the brake and gear levers.

My friend warned me about this, but is there anything I can do about it, apart from persevering? I was thinking about wearing some tuby grip over my knees.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
They will break in but it takes some time. You may want to cover skin with baby powder. It will reduce the chafing and make it a bit more comfortable until they are broken in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken said:
They will break in but it takes some time. You may want to cover skin with baby powder. It will reduce the chafing and make it a bit more comfortable until they are broken in.
That's what I thought, but I never thought of talcum powder.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I read somewhere that Talc is not good for the ladies for some reason.... You can spray your leathers with a water bottle and make the areas you are having trouble with wet. The water will help you to get the leather to stretch easier while wearing them.

Sorry to hear that its causing some pain though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Neatsfoot oil (baseball glove oil) will work pretty decent too. Just don't use too much

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips.

I got some tuby grip and so far so good. It's stopping the pinching and the trousers seem to be getting looser each time I wear them on the bike.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
You might also look into getting some underarmour. I think thats how its spelled. It'll help you get in and out of your leathers and give you a layer between you and the leathers so it won't pinch you (as much)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Although its already warm in the leathers - pantyhose could help????

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My mum got me some long johns (possibly the UK equivalent of pantyhose) and they're perfect: they help keep my legs warmer in our cold weather and are a nice thin material to put a layer between my skin and the leather.

·
Registered
153 Posts
:D I think you need to get leathers that fit, I tried on a lot of leathers and my Frank Thomas fit very well. My son wears JR race leathers and they fit him, slim and tall. Just find the brand that is cut for your bod.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lori03Ninja500R said:
:D I think you need to get leathers that fit, I tried on a lot of leathers and my Frank Thomas fit very well. My son wears JR race leathers and they fit him, slim and tall. Just find the brand that is cut for your bod.
:lol:

They were the most comfortable leathers I tried and were fine when wearing them to break them in, but I wasn't prepared for sitting on the bike with both feet on the pegs. They have loosened up nicely now though and don't give me any grief when I'm on the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts