Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a small sample of some pictures of my bike take by a professional automotive photographer in his studio for an upcoming magazine feature. These aren't necessarily the best pics, just the ones I have permission to flash around at this point.

Unfortunately the metalflake and candy in the paint didn't really pop out in the lighting used, but I guess the colour still looks nice...

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
It really looks good, guy. Bet you are proud of this bobber project and the results.

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
Awesome pictures, I love the second in particular.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
VERY nice ride.

Only mod I can think of would be to invert the sides of the tank... Larry did that a lot.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I first saw the 4th picture shown there, I said to the photographer " WOW you did an amazing job to capture the blue valve cap on the front wheel through the gap in the disk brake rotor to match in with the blue on the tank, must have taken some time to get that angle right". He was like "Oh yeah, wow never noticed that..." :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only mod I can think of would be to invert the sides of the tank... Larry did that a lot.
That was on my to do list, but the location of the fuel filler cap would have made it a painful mod. I'd hate to think that would do to capacity too...

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Ya, but who cares about tank capacity on a bobber... it's supposed to be minimalist :biggrin:

'Course, being an 800, you're looking for fuel at 100 miles anyways... I guess that is pretty minimalist down in Oz where stations might be 150 miles apart.

Agreed on the filler cap. It would work well only if you moved the instrument(s) to the triple clamp and used a tank with a center fill cap.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Nice Pics!!! I said it before and I'll say it again... You did a whale of a job on that bobber.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The pics you took earlier yourself showed off a great looking bike.

But these pics make the bike look awesome!

Well done!

Cheers

Was :)

PS

Which mag do we need to buy to see all the shots?

·
Registered
324 Posts
A great work of art. Love the bobber styling

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
El Skitzo, you mention that the flake and candy didn't show up ... had the same problem with mine in the booth. The candy just doesn't show up, but with the bike out in the sun, away from the controlled lighting, the candy sparkles when using a much less expensive camera. Frustrating in a away. As mentioned above, the pictures you had taken showed the flake a lot better.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The candy just doesn't show up, but with the bike out in the sun, away from the controlled lighting, the candy sparkles when using a much less expensive camera.
So true, and the photographer was going to try and get some shots in the sunshine, but it was raining the whole time he had the bike.

To answer your question Was, the magazine is a local Aussie Chopper magazine so it won't be easy to get a hole of. But we'll figure something out...

·
Registered
131 Posts
So true, and the photographer was going to try and get some shots in the sunshine, but it was raining the whole time he had the bike.

To answer your question Was, the magazine is a local Aussie Chopper magazine so it won't be easy to get a hole of. But we'll figure something out...
No problem El Skitzo, I'm in Oz too! :)

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
All I can say is WOW! That is one fantastic bike. You have done a great job, and the pics are really nice. Thanks for posting them.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Beautiful!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Bloody Gorgeous. :D

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
The photos look great, but where's the bobberbabe?
Your first build is getting published? That's HUGE!
congrats man- well done.

FYI: getting metallic paint/pearl/dichro to pop on film is really tough with diffused fill light (softboxes) If the light is hot enough to pop the color, it's usually burning the image out somewhere else. Sometimes you can make it fire with a metallic reflector, but it's tricky. It will go a little duller in print as well. You can still tell that it looks sweet!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts