Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going tomorrow to put $4000 down on a 2004 Nomad. Getting the Metallic Nocturne Blue/Metallic Phantom Silver. Going to add the Light Bar, Passenger Back Rest and Grab Bar, Luggage Rack and a Windshield Bag.
I've got insurance quotes from several companies online and so far, Progressive has the best rate.
Does anyone know anything about them?
Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have had Progressive since I,ve been riding, thank GOD I haven't had any claims so I don't know how they pay off, but my rates have gone done not up over the years. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I lied to you guys. Didn't get the Nomad. Put $4000 down on a 1600 Classic instead. Pearl Crystal White with the Light Bar, Passenger Back Rest, Medium Windshield and Engine Guard. I set it up just like this picture I got off the internet. See the attached: They had to order it. It'll be here Thursday and I'll take possession on Saturday, the week before my birthday.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

that is a great birthday present :lol:
that's a awesome looking bike in white :shock:
our dealer here has one in the center of the showroom all decked out with the studded bags and fringe like that and it sure is purdy
i know you'll be busy but give us some impressions when you can,
i haven't been able to find anything wrong with that bike yet except
low ground clearance :lol: - congrats!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 04 1600 Classic came in today. Got the VIN and gave Progressive a call. Got full coverage including Road assistance for $281.00 per year.
I'm more than satisfied with the price. Especially when you consider that State Farm, the company I've been with for 40yrs and my one and only claim was 33 years ago, wanted over $1200 per year for the same coverage. If, and I pray I'll never need them, but if I ever do, I'll let you know what the service is like. I was impressed with their sales rep. Mike. He faxed the bank and the dealer copies of my policy so there would be no complications come Saturday when I pick my 1600 up.
I went ahead and had them put leather saddle bags on it too. I plan on using this baby for a lot of weekend pleasure cruises. :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Progressive

I also have Progressive for my Vulcan 800. They had best rates on motorcycle insurance around. I used them for car insurance several years ago, had a small claim. They came right out to the house, wrote me a check on the spot. The reason I changed was their plicy is to rate the youngest driver on the newest vehicle you own. When my daughter started driving I bought an older car for her to start out with, they rated my wife on it and my daughter on my new ( at the time ) Z71 GMC truck. No way would they change.......so I did. Other than that, no problems.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
insurance

RW I got a quote from progressive today on my 800 it was $306.00 checked with www.bikeline.com and they gave me a quote of $151.00 for the same coverage. Don`t know about the 1600 but I heard insurance on the pearl white one`s cost more. lol Dwaine

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't buy insurance from anyone that charges a different rate because of color. I got a quote from progressive, bikeline and geico. Geico was way cheaper than both. 1/3 of what progressive wanted and 200 less than bike line. they don't do credit checks, what's credit got to do with someone's ability to ride?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I got 3 prices today progressive $306 , gieco $245, bikeline $151. IT has to do with population,region( north /south) also. you can hit all these sites and get three prices within an hour.Give anyone of ins. above a different zipcode and you will get different prices.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I've been with Progressive for 4 years, and through 3 different bikes. This year I shopped around. Geico was cheaper but I read and heard horror stories about claims and how quick they are to inflate premiums on the first sign of trouble -- ticket, no fault crash, etc. No thanks. I'd rather not risk it. I've been very happy with Progressive, their customer service, and the $350 premium.

·
Registered
837 Posts
$340 with mcgraw to renew this year...555 from progressive and 450 from geico...no claims ..no tickets..

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
UPDATE: I called Geico back this week to get a quote with the same numbers as my current policy since my Progressive policy was up this month. Same exact coverage with Geico was $145 more per year. No thanks.

And I guess my 40th Birthday looming must be the reason for the my premium dropping to $250/year. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have American Family on my 800 (and my Dodge 1500 and my house, for that matter) and it is a bit over $300/yr. However, I don't think they offer comprehensive (i.e. theft). Of course that's not a huge problem in Eugene, Oregon. Maybe I should check some others.

Just got my first ticket in 7 years (speeding in the dodge, not the bike if you can believe that) so maybe I shouldn't push it.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Progressive Insurance

I have Progressive on both bikes and both cars...They have been very good at not upping the rates. I did have to file a claim on one of my cars, (Not my fault) and they were very fast in their response.

Cycle Gard is an insurance company that specializes in covering bikes, but their prices are very high...

Where you live does make a difference. If you live in a state (KY is one of them) that is considered high risk, you will pay higher premiums.

Heather

1 - 20 of 41 Posts