Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 253 Posts

·
law don't go 'round here
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
thanks John - is that a Ural in your avatar? Ive always thought those were cool looing little bikes

·
law don't go 'round here
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ya, I saw that video earlier on your thread. I really like the way he has the struts attached to the fender. Have you checked out the guys blog, there are some really cool bikes on there... Atari-san Kustom chopper works

·
girl watcher
385 Posts
thanks for that link Greedy, I went to check it out and the next thing I knew 1.5 hrs had gone by and some how I ended up watching custom bike videos from japan (I think) on youtube. saw some cool stuff though. like a jockey shifter that went up and down instead of front to back. I have so many ideas running through my head now i'm ready to start a remake of outcast and I haven't even finished the 1st one yet..this could get me into trouble. all of this started because I was trying to find info on the web for the lowered white bike in my thread. now I've spent the last couple nights watching forgien custom bikes on the internet.

·
girl watcher
385 Posts
wow that looks great. how did you do the seat brace? seat really sets it apart.

·
law don't go 'round here
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I'm actually waiting for some new seat springs (coils vs clothes pin) to be delivered, then I'll thow up some pics of the mount. It's just a simple flat plate flush with the top of the frame a lot like that bike in the vid you posted. I'm anxious to smoke the pipes, but it is actually raining here today in SoCal......:shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been following this and a few others here for awhile. First time posting, I have a 98 800A I'm wanting to start cutting up. I have built several cars but first bike.
Greddy
Bike looks great. Does it have the stock suspension and ride hieght?
thanks

·
law don't go 'round here
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Greddy
Bike looks great. Does it have the stock suspension and ride hieght?
thanks
Ya, the suspension is completely stock. I think the fat front tire and low bars make it look lower than it is...

·
Project Bobber
450 Posts
Pyro, welcome to the party, keep an eye on all the workshop how too's... there must be about 10 of us on here at the moment all picking each others brains and posting our success and er, sometimes failures!!

take some before photo's of yours, post them up on your own thread and get the grinder out! We will be watching :)

·
Bobber Lover
319 Posts
well got my pipes all done up:

This is rapidly becoming my favorite bobber. Can you post some closeup photos of the seat mount. Sure wished I still lived in Riverside, CA so I could see this bike in person. Sure looks sweet to me.

Thanks for continuing to post great pictures.

DC

·
Fugly guys need love, too
7 Posts
Geez Greedy, it looks great! I really like the seat and wheels, is that the stock front rim? Calls back memories of my old '48 45-inch flattie (in the days before wives and kids). I'm interested to see what your rear fender setup will be. I've always liked the solo seat look, but I'm using a Mustang spoon seat because my old lady wants to go riding with me. Maybe someday I can talk her into getting her own bike like my kid sister did.

·
law don't go 'round here
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ya, that is the stock 16" front wheel on the B model. Hopefully get to the rear fender mounting this wknd

·
law don't go 'round here
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Dang, where does the time go? Been real busy with a big project at work but hoping to get back to the vulcan this wknd...

·
Bobber Lover
319 Posts
Ya, that is the stock 16" front wheel on the B model. Hopefully get to the rear fender mounting this wknd
Did you buy a fender or are you fabricating one. Looking forward to pictures. I haven't even started my mods yet, still waiting on my brother-in-law to help me get started.

DC

41 - 60 of 253 Posts