Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 04 500R and besides the obvious power issue what eles do you not like or you do like about your 500's?

I love the fact that I can handle my bike easily, I don't think with me being only 150 I could handle a bigger bike like I do with mine.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Although my bike is heavily modified I think I can still put some stuff down.

I like the fact that I can ride my bike as hard or harder through the twisties than most people. I like the very controllable throttle. I like the cheap insurance too. I like the 400 mile days I can ride, SS bikes can't do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '03 500R that I'm learning how to ride on. It's an enjoyable bike because I can actually reach the ground with my feet (I'm 5'2" so on most bikes it's nearly impossible), it corners good, it's cheap, it gets 61mpg, and it looks good. The only real problems with it are a) my inexperience and b) currently if you turn the handle bars to the right lock it grounds a wire and kills the ignition so I don't have a bike until my dad fixes it.:p

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
d0hnj0e said:
I own a 04 500R and besides the obvious power issue what eles do you not like or you do like about your 500's?

I love the fact that I can handle my bike easily, I don't think with me being only 150 I could handle a bigger bike like I do with mine.
Power Issue??
For a 500...this bike rocks!! I like my bike, I am looking into some mods now to make it more "personal!!"
What I don't like it about it is the color ( I hate orange ) and the location of the helmet lock.

Ride Hard, Ride Safe....

·
Registered
412 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
d0hnj0e said:

Power Issue??
For a 500...this bike rocks!! I like my bike, I am looking into some mods now to make it more "personal!!"
What I don't like it about it is the color ( I hate orange ) and the location of the helmet lock.

Ride Hard, Ride Safe....
Come on NinjaGirl, don't be a hater. Your bike still loves you! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't mean compared to other 500's. I ment in the overall look of things our ninja is alot weaker of a bike but for a 500 its the fasest one going. NO DOUBT!

·
Registered
128 Posts
i love the fact that i can cruise 90 mph... my bike loves to sit there on a nice day. i love the "flickability".... being able to throw it into a turn and whip it back upright. i love that for being bone stock, i can pull a vette off the line at a stoplight ^.^

cons? the fact that i have to pull almost the whole front end apart to adjust the valves >.< as far as helmet locks go, i bought a small bike lock cable and padlock that i keep coiled around the grab bar behind the seat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
re: 500

This bike is an amazing beginner bike, I have never been on a bike before (or even touch one :p) and I caught on pretty quickly and there isnt to much power off the start to kill you. One thing I don't like about it, is how it doesnt fit me very well because of the way im "designed" but this is my problem with it.

*cough* Time to buy a katana 600

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
DiverDown said:
NinjaGirl said:
d0hnj0e said:

Power Issue??

Ride Hard, Ride Safe....
Come on NinjaGirl, don't be a hater. Your bike still loves you! :mrgreen:
Yes it does, dont get me wrong I do like my bike, infact I was thinking of selling it and getting the Ninja636....but now I have decided to "mod" it out and make it "MINE!!" And today I went on a ride.....put on about 200 miles. I discovered a road I could push the bike a little......today I got it to 111MPH....so far this is the fastest....it was AWESOME!!! I also took a corner.....almost knee-draggin....kinda scary but what a rush!!
The more I ride the better rider I become!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
the only con i could think of is the aesthetics of it, why cant kawi make it look like a 600cc bike, that'd be awesome 8) - and probably sell a few more.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whats the fastest you guys ever got your bike to go? mine was 200-205 kph which is something like 126mph and I was on a very very mild down slope. Anything more then that on this bike stock i don't think it can do.

I do plan on modding the bike after riding it for a while in the stock form. Hopefully I can get these numbers higher.

And ninja girl I know how it is.. this morning went for a ride and passed one of the community colleges about 8 am, and saw a nice new paved parking lot. So I went in to work on some hard turning and it felt awsome. The foot pegs seem kinda low in position when I was getting low I was scared to hit em on the ground is there a way to avoid this?

·
Registered
154 Posts
d0hnj0e said:
whats the fastest you guys ever got your bike to go? mine was 200-205 kph which is something like 126mph and I was on a very very mild down slope. Anything more then that on this bike stock i don't think it can do.
I got 200kmh (125mph)at 10000rpm on a 1 mile strait. Bike can go a bit faster, but you need another mile for that. She's going easy, easy 180kmh(112mph) (my 1/4 mile speed is 104mph=167kmh). Pretty good for such a small bike.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
d0hnj0e said:

I do plan on modding the bike after riding it for a while in the stock form. Hopefully I can get these numbers higher.

And ninja girl I know how it is.. this morning went for a ride and passed one of the community colleges about 8 am, and saw a nice new paved parking lot. So I went in to work on some hard turning and it felt awsome. The foot pegs seem kinda low in position when I was getting low I was scared to hit em on the ground is there a way to avoid this?
You can put on aftermarket rearsets (like me) made by woodcraft. They give you tons of ground clearance.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Cale said:
d0hnj0e said:
I got 200kmh (125mph)at 10000rpm on a 1 mile strait. Bike can go a bit faster, but you need another mile for that. She's going easy, easy 180kmh(112mph) (my 1/4 mile speed is 104mph=167kmh). Pretty good for such a small bike.
SWEET!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
but wouldn't it make it more uncomfortable? cuz your legs will have to bend more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I know what you mean by "everything" :lol: of course, that's very important. Freakinout, have you gotten a knee down on it? and if so, can you snap a pic next time? I love seeing a bike that low.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts