Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
:lol: that is just awesome-4 years old!! we need some video of him in action
all geared up and ready to ride - tell the little fella all his kawibuds say ride safe :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. I've been out of town for 2 weeks and just got back. As soon as I get a chance, I'll redo the video into smaller bits and post a few.

My wife said he's starting to become a little daredevil. He's been letting go with his left hand while riding. Also, he crashed the other day and she said he got up laughing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a lot to report. It's been pretty cold lately. He's been out a few times in the last week or two. I opened up the exhaust restrictor some (too much) and the added throttle response scared him. I ordered a new washer from the dealer but found a perfect replacement at Lowe's. I drilled out the replacement slightly smaller than the modified stock washer. It has better response and top end than fully restricted but it is still restricted somewhat. I'm trying to get him to understand the concept of throttle control instead of just going wide open.

Also, if I can convince the wife, I'm going to get a klx110 to play with. I want one to putt around on with Jonathan. Then, when he's ready to move up, I'll turn it over to him. There are almost as many mods for them as there are for the xr/crf50.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

that's great-glad he's doing good,prolly has a little bit of racer in him wanting to crack that throttle open :lol: -practicing some slow speed turns and manuevers will help him understand
power control-good luck,keep us posted and ride safe :wink:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
that's great-glad he's doing good,prolly has a little bit of racer in him wanting to crack that throttle open :lol: -practicing some slow speed turns and manuevers will help him understand
power control-good luck,keep us posted and ride safe :wink:
bikeaholic, you hit the nail on the head. I'm trying to get him to work on the low speed turns. He starting to understand what I mean, but now we have to work on the execution.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One more thing. The last 2 times he has gone out to ride, he rode for about 5 minutes and then starts crying (He cries a lot anyway). He isn't riding very long before he wants to go inside. I think it's the weather. It's been pretty cold. It was probably in the mid to upper 30's this afternoon, so I hope he's just cold.

·
Registered
837 Posts
****,i'd be cold too!!!its in the upper 60's down here today.to bad im at work or i would be on my scotter some.but in the 30's....i'll wait for a warmer day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He asked me if he could ride it. I had him bundled up. He did fall over in the yard first thing because he was trying to go slow, too slow. So that may have discouraged him a bit. I hope it's just a matter of the weather because we're going to get his riding boots tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i know it looks stupid but the bolt on helper wheels they have for those bikes really work,
a buddy of mine used them for about 2 weeks with his son who is 6 and he learned his slow speed moves like that and then took em' off and rode like crazy :lol:
but i'm sure the cold is uncomfortable -that's prolly a factor

i'm gettin read for our polar bear run which is 5 miles in below freezing temps in nothing but your shorts,t-shirt,boots,gloves,lid - should'nt be too bad -all to get a silly patch on my vest :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts