Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buying the Nomad, but i'd like to have the handle bar come back about 2 inches. any thoughts. will harleys risers fit?

thanks to all

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
fran said:
thinking of buying the Nomad, but i'd like to have the handle bar come back about 2 inches. any thoughts. will harleys risers fit?

thanks to all
Most of the harley riser's will work . What your probably looking for are4"x1" risers , they raise the bars about 2 " more than stock an pull them back 1". Any more rise than that an you'll be in to checking cables an wireing harnesses I'm sure the nad riders will chime in soon an they'll be able to help more than I.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
those are the same one's I've got also. If you want to look at a few others go to www.dragspecialties.com on open up the fat book .Whistle those are harley risers that sherms buy's an they put together there own kit's. You'll see them in the DS book .

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
woodchucks800 said:
those are the same one's I've got also. If you want to look at a few others go to www.dragspecialties.com on open up the fat book .Whistle those are harley risers that sherms buy's an they put together there own kit's. You'll see them in the DS book .

Your right wood! I just found them at DS. I wonder if this means that I have a secret passion for Harley's? :shock: :)

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Those aren't phat enough =P Get these- shown installed on a Nomad:

http://www.scootworks.com/

Sherms are good people too. Whatever you like.

......oh and you guys do realize that ===> =P is me sticking my tounge out at you
=P

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Phatboy said:
Those aren't phat enough =P Get these- shown installed on a Nomad:

http://www.scootworks.com/

Sherms are good people too. Whatever you like.

......oh and you guys do realize that ===> =P is me sticking my tounge out at you
=P

LOL....That sure is a "skinny" tongue. :)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Phatboy said:
=P
that's a new one to me, i'll have to try and remember it !

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Bob,
Did you have to lengthen any of your cables or were you able to re-route them?

Also, how tall are you and did you need them to be more comfortable or because you like the look of them. and how about slow manuvering, do they hit your leg or anything?

DJ

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good morning DJ

I am 5'11" with 34"arm length. I like the feel of the bars and they should make for a more comfortable ride (due to snow, I have only put 47 miles on the new bike). The bars do not hit my legs, tank, or anything. The original cables. Did not have to re-route them or anything. Can't really answer about helping out with slow turning but others have reported it does make it easier. I hadthe dealership install them as they were building the bike together.

How's the new nomad riding? Have you installed extra running lights yet. I see by your post you have Kuryakyn Large Bullet Spotlights. Can you give me more information and maybe a pic? Where did you install them?
Thanks,

Good luck
bob
[email protected]

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Bob,
I have installed the lights, The are located under the light bar and as far apart as I could get them without hitting the front forks. I had to manufacture a bracket for them which took a while but it worked and all you see is chrome. My brother has a digital camera and I plan on getting it and taking some photos. they are very bright and the bike shows up a lot better now. That was what I was after. I wired them with a seperate circuit like Gadget reccommeded on his site. I was able to conceal everything in the headlight housing because they put a auxilary power supply in with the rest of the wiring.

I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks DJ,

I look forward to some pics. I too am trying to figure how I want to add the extra lights and was looking to go with the Kuryakyn large bullet spotlights. Are yours atached to the light bar and hanging down from it?
I was thinking about doing the engine guard mount and if so may go with the smaller light at 30W

stay safe

bob

·
Registered
488 Posts
No problem Bob,

I thought about the engine guard also but I thought the lights being so low to the ground would lessen their effect further down the road.

I attached my bracket underneath the plate that mounts the turn signal light bar. The bracket I made looks like a piece of 1 1/4" chrome tubing with the ends cut straight off. I plugged the ends with aluminum and mounted the lights on the ends. When you look at the lights all you see is the 3 1/3 inches of chrome tubing with the spots on the ends. Both lights are just inside the chrome fork tubes.

I showed it to some of my HD buddies and they commented on how clean it looked.

I think I would still like to put some larger 50w spots along side the headlight but I don't want to go with the same old aftermarket thing. I have a friend who has a metal fab shop who does custom welding so I think I am going to talk to him about it. I am also fortunate enough to live in a city that has a plating company to get it chromed. Money is still an issue so I will do it after I put on the electronic cruise control. If only I had a couple grand just to play with on this bike that would be fun.

By the way I am really please on how the bike handles. I had the 800 classic previously and this bike is much more solid. I am very pleased. I bought a cd called ride like a pro 3, which goes over the art of handling the bike at slow speeds and it has been a great practice tool. I went out the other day and found the bike turns really well. The friction zone on the clutch seems a little narrow but when you get the hang of it it's not too tough. I think I am going out today to a local church parking lot and practice some more.

Have a good one and ride safe. Hope the weather breaks for you guys in the NE. It is pretty mild here in Oregon right now.

DJ

·
Registered
55 Posts
We have received just about 30 inches of snow during the last week alone. No more forecasted until next Wed. Temps may even go as high as 35f in the next few days. This morning wind chill temp was -18. Winter sucks.
Can't ride and it's evento cold to go to the shed an sit on the bike. Cabin fever big time.
Sounds like you did a nice job on the lights. I'm thinking more safety so others will see me more. Not as worried about lighting up the road ahead. I don't have the chance to do much night riding.

Take it easy and enjoy the ride

bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fran, I found PhatrisersII are made for the Nomad and pull the bars back about 2". They cost about $105. Check out their website.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts