Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike yesterday, made a trip. Round trip 140 miles, have decided the next thing for my bike is a set of pull back risers. Had never rode that far at one time. People complain about the seat, but the seat was fine I just had to lean over the tank too much. Don't want much rise so am looking for some low risers with a good distance pull back. At least 1 1/2 or 2 inches. Have looked at Baron DT risers, does anyone know of anything better and or cheaper.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have the Phatt II's and they made long rides alot more comfortable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you put a 2" riser on do you need to replace you cables with long one?

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
I put 2" up and 1" back risers on my 900. Cables had to be rerouted behind the triple-tree but they worked fine after that.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I used a set of "cheapies" off e-Bay on my 1500. They are 5" up and 2" back. Just had to loosen some clamps to get some slack on the hoses and cables.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
As I review this in my mind - the Risers were a total of 4" up & 1" back - 2" over stock is what I shoulda posted earlier.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Yup - got those on my new V2K. 2" up, nothing "back" except from the angle of the risers themselves. I like it just fine and they're only $25.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i got 5.5 high 2 inch back off of ebay about $50. for my 800 Classic except they were fo harley i had to drill tripple to one half inch. and tilted bars back a little alot easier and comfortable to ride. if you get any pullback make sure you clear your tank on 800 that was a problem. thats why i went with 5.5 high.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
You can get conversion bolts >like these< that will convert for you without drilling. Drilling into my triple tree makes me nervous.

(EDIT: Not sure if those bolts above work for what you'd order. They're just an example.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts