Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be using most of my vacation days this year on long trips, and will be looking for a used trailer to pull behind my 1500. Anyone here use a trailer? What should I expect to pay for a decent used one, preferably fiberglass, and where should I look besides Ebay?
TIA....

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks V2K!

I will take a look, and mark it on my favorites. Appreciate your help....

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
There's a guy on this forum who does this with his 1500 Classic. Don't recall who it is but I'm sure he'll check in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pull a Tiny Mite Tent trailer with my 1600 Nomad, got couple of friends who also pull Tiny Mites and a couple of homemade cargo trailers. Not a problem! You just suck alittle more fuel and got to remember the trailer is there. Most goo
G]d one's pull so nice you tend to forget they are there!

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
I have (and highly recommend) an Aluma trailer from Thomas Bus Sales:

For ~$1500, you can't beat the value. I've made 4 trips with it and just LOVE IT.

I bought a stainless steel Coleman cooler for the front (tied down with jeep hood fasteners) and used 3/4" foam, outdoor carpet, and battery powered LED lights to finish out the inside. Very roomy inside. It was a little bit of work, but I've not made a single trip with it where at least one person hasn't walked past my buddy's +$3k GW trailer to look at mine.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I am the guy who pulls with a 1500 classis, my trailer is diamond plate alum. I built it with a torsion bar axle and it pulls like a dream. I use a Hitch Doc hitch. The only time I remember about the trailer behind me is when I pull up to a light and someone asks me where I got it.

Ok dont everyone faint yes I am still around, just not a lot.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I will look into that....

Pull a Tiny Mite Tent trailer with my 1600 Nomad, got couple of friends who also pull Tiny Mites and a couple of homemade cargo trailers. Not a problem! You just suck alittle more fuel and got to remember the trailer is there. Most goo
G]d one's pull so nice you tend to forget they are there!
Looks like it would be a good idea. I was thinking about that today, About not forgetting it is there :eek: Wouldn't be a good time to have a brain fart :lol: LOL

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am the guy who pulls with a 1500 classis, my trailer is diamond plate alum. I built it with a torsion bar axle and it pulls like a dream. I use a Hitch Doc hitch. The only time I remember about the trailer behind me is when I pull up to a light and someone asks me where I got it.

Looks great! I am not the handiest at building things like trailers, so I will have to get a pre-made one, but thanks for the info. I will probally be the one that flips it because of forgetting it is there ;) I get alittle scatterbrained sometimes LOL :biggrin: ;)

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice!

I have (and highly recommend) an Aluma trailer from Thomas Bus Sales:

For ~$1500, you can't beat the value. I've made 4 trips with it and just LOVE IT.

I bought a stainless steel Coleman cooler for the front (tied down with jeep hood fasteners) and used 3/4" foam, outdoor carpet, and battery powered LED lights to finish out the inside. Very roomy inside. It was a little bit of work, but I've not made a single trip with it where at least one person hasn't walked past my buddy's +$3k GW trailer to look at mine.
Good looking trailer, and especially for the price. I'm impressed! Now to just tell the wife why I need to spend another $1,500.00 for more motorcycle equipment LOL! WTH...They get over it.....ah eventually :eek:

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
Good looking trailer, and especially for the price. I'm impressed! Now to just tell the wife why I need to spend another $1,500.00 for more motorcycle equipment LOL! WTH...They get over it.....ah eventually :eek:
Just use this sales tactic: "Honey, you can take more useless ...er, comfort items and clothes on our motorcycle trips if we get this trailer ...".

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts

Wow this is a shock, must be snowing down there.:mrgreen:

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wife changes my mind!

Went to Bismarck Sat. and on the way home, I pulled into Don's trailer sales in Wilton, and got some lit. from him on trailers. When I got back in the cage, my wife told me all her reasons why I "shouldn't" buy one this season. It went something like this....You just bought another motorcycle, your building a big shed to hold the bikes, son is getting married this Sept, and figured we will spend app. $4000.00 between, plane tickets, their gift, reherasel supper for 60 to 70 people, motels, I also want you to fence the yard, and the list goes on and on. Sooooo, I told her fine. I convinced her all I need is a new $300.00 T-bag, and one more roll bag and I will be fine. You know, I really had mixed emotions on the trailer anyways, and this just made it alot easier to get her ok on spending another $400.00 instead of $1500.00 :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts