Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Kawasaki mule 600 but the frame is rusted out to where frame twisted. Is it too much work to transfer everything to a new frame? Or is a patch weld job worth a shot? But there is a lot of rust below the flooring but the mule does run but started to pull to one side very hard due to frame twisting from rust thinning the metal.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nah, they're pretty simple. A frame swap isn't too terribly hard. Takes me maybe 8 hours start to finish to do a 600/610 Mule frame swap. Unfortunatly Kawasaki don't sell frames no more so you have to find a used one somewhere, and make sure you get the title for it since the VIN is stamped into it. I say this because I know of one instance where someone did a frame swap and didn't get a title, the machine that was then completed was then stolen. Law got involved, the machine was recovered but since there was not a matching VIN, they wouldn't release it back to the person who bought it. This was a nightmare. The last I heard of it, the frame itself (where the vin is) was actually from a stolen machine, then the machine in it's entirety (since the guy did a frame swap using a stolen frame with no paperwork on it) was returned to the original purchaser and the guy who did the frame swap had to deal with the law. It gets ugly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thinking. Didn’t think about getting the title with it. Not sure if the repair shop is going to transfer title as well but I’ll ask for written documentation just to cover myself. I can do 8 hours for a frame swap. Plus I need the experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts