Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Purchased a Vintage F11-E

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kawah1c 
#1 ·
Purchased a Vintage F11

Hello all. I have just purchased a 1975 F11E 250. It's in decent condition, and after tearing down and cleaning the carb, it fired up with a little gas in the spark plug hole. I paid $250 for the bike.

I plan to restore it. It's black now, but I am curious if anyone knows what the original color was based on the numbers. The frame number 40388, 1975 and the motor number is F11-E 40439. Any information such as color, etc, would be appreciated.

I am in the process of trying to get the title. I would like to register it. Do I need a title (Massachusetts) ? I have a bill of sale.

I plan to rebuild the engine this winter, and try to get the bike back to it's original color and condition. It's showing about 9,000 on the odometer. It's been sitting since about 1984.

Thanks,

Jeff

#3 ·
#6 ·
I noticed when overhauling the carb, that the main jet was 112.5. From a little research here I thought it would be 115? It also doesn't start well, or at ALL if it's cold. It's not getting fuel for some reason. I think it might be low compression. After kicking over several times the spark plug is dry. If I use a little gas in the cylinder it fires up and runs fine when warm. Choke is intact. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.