Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the option of buying one of two 2002 meanstreaks after the trade in.

option 1 - a 2002 with about 2,500 miles and a kawasaki custom seat. That is all

option 2 - a 2002 with about 5,500 miles and a windshield plus the vinyl molded saddle bags
but standard seat.

option 2 is about $125.00 less.

I am inclined for option 1 since I know that to put any riding in with SO the standard seat will not do, but I know that eventually I would like the shield and the bags.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Jade,

I would definitely recommend not using the stock seat which is pretty comfy for the rider but is horrid for the SO. I put on the Mustang 3 pc with backrest. I really like that driver backrest( got to ride for a while Saturday) I have LeatherLyke Cross country bags for my 03 Meanie. I have the F & S windshield (15H x 19W) on the way. I've heard the Kawi bags look good but are small. Great choice on the bike, i would tend towards option 1 but it's your choice.

Bill

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Option 1 would be my call.

You'll add other things in time to suit your taste. We all have done that. :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i'd go with lower miles :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this just resolved itself by Divine intervention. The guy with option 1 decided to pull off the deal :(

But upn checking option 2 it turns out it has an extended warranty that is still valid :) until august of next year.

·
Registered
148 Posts
5000 or 25000 just change tires dude lo lo maitnance on the meanie. Both are cool deals, your heart is telling you 2 but the brain is saying 1. Good luck and happy shopping.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am going on 4K plus miles on my Mean Streak and she still feels and rides like new. I got her in June and still looks incredible. I would have no problem with the 02' with 5K miles. Like Raasta said, lo lo maintanance and bulletproof. Regular maintanance and she will go on for ever. :)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
either way great bike and accessories you would be puting on anyways. looks like the choice was made without you, but you make out with the extended warranty. even if you'll never use it !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts