Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Another new member here... I have a tricky problem. I'm a happy owner of VN1500 ´94 originally bought from Germany. The previous owner had installed a semi-solo-rider -seat and now I need a new one. I searched the web and found a perfect one from Ebay. The problem is that the manufacturer says -->

TRAVELCADE / SADDLEMEN "LoBoy" Custom Seat
Kawasaki Vulcan
1500 A : 1987 - 1999
You will know you have an "A" model by checking your VIN and verifying the
sixth and seventh digits are "AA" for example "JKBVNAA"
1500 L : 1996 - 1997
(Does not fit Nomad, Meanstreak, Drifter or SE models)

But my owners manual says that my bike is 1500-C1. So, does anyone know about the possible differences between the A and C1 models? And wheter the seat fits for my bike or not? :?

I would be very gratefull for all the information..

Jarmo (from Finland)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
can't help ya with the seat but welcome to the board and what a sweet looking ride!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Welcome Jarmo! :)

I am not sure but wonder if you can go to www.kawasaki.com and try plugging in the vin number there and see what pops up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for quick response :) I'm afraid that www.kawasaki.com and VIN is just for US-models and bikes sold in US. The "VIN" of my bike is different than the US-version.

For example (VIN):
JKAVFKA16VB508039 (US-version)
VNT50C000137 (my bike)

Regards,

Jarmo

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys! I've already wrote an email to my local Kawasaki dealer but they have not answered yet... I'm just trying all I can before the season begins in three months.. :???:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts