Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice pair of cortech jeans that are probably better than normal jeans, but I know they are not as good as my tour master caliber pants. The caliber pants however are moderately uncomfortable and look strange. I also bought a Rockgardn air armor jacket and would have felt safer wearing it-but wouldn't want to walk into a restaurant to have a meal wearing it.

What are some good ideas for quality armor that don't make you look like a power ranger?

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Well, it ain't cheap...actually its VERY expensive, but this is what I wear:

$450 without armor...$700 with (I bought the armor about 9 months after the jacket). But I will say the elbow armor is a bit odd...one side just isn't positioned right...keeps sliding to the inside of my arm (towards my body)...though I'll admit, I should have gotten a 44 instead of a 46 (thought the extra room was a good thing...oh well). Never the less, its a hefty jacket, very well made, very well ventilated (for as heavy as it is, I can wear it in the mid 90's), and I wear it everywhere...whether on the bike or not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
I wear separate armor under my jackets. I take out the foam armor and wear my Alpinestar armor. This feels more secure and the armor plates dont move around.
How much of a pain is that to get on? I've seen that type of stuff before, and its very tempting as it tends to cover more area than most of the jacket armor I've seen. Pretty sure I've seen pants and shorts versions as well.

Dude, or Dudette, that is a sweet website. Very nice stuff:) Thanks for that...
No problem.

·
I ride what I like
389 Posts
How much of a pain is that to get on? I've seen that type of stuff before, and its very tempting as it tends to cover more area than most of the jacket armor I've seen. Pretty sure I've seen pants and shorts versions as well.

No problem.

Not a pain at all. Just like wearing two sweaters. Put on the armor first, then the jacket. When taking off you can leave the armor still in the jack and it's like one jacket.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wear separate armor under my jackets. I take out the foam armor and wear my Alpinestar armor. This feels more secure and the armor plates dont move around.

Can you wear it to your local pub without little kids running up to you and asking you to fight for their cause?

That looks like the Rockgardn kit I bought a while back. GREAT stuff as far as armor goes, but I was uncomfortable wearing it in social settings:( What has your experience been?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.