Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the gel seat worth the money? , My seat seams a little hard.Might be tough on a long ride

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Alternative to getting a gel seat would be to get a ProPad. Did that a within 500 miles of getting the bike. Yes, it makes a difference.

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pro pad question

how do i find out about the pro pad?

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
I got my Gel seat for the V2K in 3-4 weeks, but my wife is still waiting on hers for the 900 LT.

I'm still testing the seat out, so far, it's nicer than stock, but I haven't had a chance to ride with it long enough to see if the Butt Burn is gone after an hour of riding.

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know how it is becuase. I have it down to the get seat or go the cheap way with a pro pad. Thanx

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
I think shape plays as much a part in seat comfort than what the seat is made of ...and the gel seat is a huge improvement over to stock in that regard.

You should also consider maybe sending your stock seat off to Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Werks :: Home to be modded to your specifications. It will probably be more expensive (but not by much) than the gel seat, but takes some of the guesswork out of it since they will basically reshape the seat however you want.

·
Flash Frozen
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. this winter I will have a custom seat made. @ mean city cycles. looks like the best for my a**

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I modified my stock seat with a gel pad. (i work with medical equipment and have access to some real top quality stuff). Anyways, it was far better than stock, but IMO not even close to the Mustang seat that I eventually bought.

Don't confuse "soft" with good. Take a look at a mustang seat, it's as hard as a rock, far harder than the sotck seat. But it is shaped and sized to support you properly. far better than the stock seat. A cheap $50 wheelchair cushion is far softer than a very good $600 one.

I could ride for about an hour on the stock seat before it getting to me, about 2-3 hours on my gel seat, and I can ride all day with the Mustang. I've put 8 hour days in before my butt and lower back decide to give me a warning.

·
Hoosier Vet
383 Posts
I have 2 of the pads with covers for sale. Bought the pads then made covers using simulated sheepskin on top side and leather like vinyl on the bottoms to keep them from sliding on the seat. They have zippers so the covers can be removed for cleaning. I have one large and one extra large pad.

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Let me know how it is becuase. I have it down to the get seat or go the cheap way with a pro pad. Thanx
My wife used one of those pads for a ride we took, and she liked it over the stock seat.

The only issue she had, was getting it where she wanted it, everytime we stopped. A minor thing, but a pain in the butt...so to speak...:lol: But I think they have some that attach somehow to keep them in place. But then again, it takes away from the look of the bike, or so I think. And they aren't cheap either...like $100 or more.

I'll let ya know how my seat works out, I just need a longer ride to check it out.

There are lots of reviews from 900 riders that already have the Gel seat. Do a search and you'll probably find'em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts