Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so let's say I get a speeding ticket on a motorcycle. I'm going.. 15 over perhaps and get slapped with a serious fine. However, since motorcycle insurance is cheap, the insurance hike won't be a big deal.

Now, would my car insurance bill go up as well or are they considered separate? I can afford speeding tickets on motorcycle insurance, but not on car insurance by a longshot, so I am just curious. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You would get a hike on both car and motorcycle insurance. You see it goes like this, it dosen't matter what you were driving, your still a lincesned driver on both so you become a risk as a cage driver and a motorcyclist.

Plus they want all the money they can get so they give it to you any way they can. I hate it too. :evil:

·
Registered
456 Posts
The ticket doesn't go on your insurance. It goes on your state driving record. So for the next few years all insurance companies will see it. Some companies will forgive one ticket if you have an otherwise good record. Ask your agent for details. It pays to shop around.

The ones who really get the shaft are professional drivers: truckers, cab drivers, etc. Their tickets go onto their personal driving record, just like yours. So they have a very strong incentive to not get tickets. (Breaker 1-9, see any bears?)

Imposter said:
Plus they want all the money they can get so they give it to you any way they can.
Ain't that the truth!
Curt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts