Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read through a ton of threads regarding saddlebags (hardbags and leather/etc) and i haven't been able to weed through them all to find what i am looking for.
what i am looking for is a set up where the bags are easily put on and taken off and there aren't any big unsightly brackets left over when they are off? i personally like the look of paint matched hardbags, but i wouldn't be opposed to regular ol' leather bags either. i just want ease of install/removal. thanks for any input!

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I don't think you'll find an easy on/easy off hard bag, but I have a set of Saddleman extra jumbo slant drifters on order. I can't wait for Santa to come in the UPS truck with them....

They're a throwover style, so it won't get much easier than that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think you'll find an easy on/easy off hard bag, but I have a set of Saddleman extra jumbo slant drifters on order. I can't wait for Santa to come in the UPS truck with them....

They're a throwover style, so it won't get much easier than that.
well it doesn't have to be super easy. i guess it can even be time comsuming, i just want to be able to take them off and not have big ugly brackets left over.

maybe i should get some easy throwover ones.

·
Barrett Motorcycle Repair
202 Posts
as long as you dont overload the bags a piece of sheet metal painted with rhino lining and riveted to the bag with holes and washers riveted at the locations of the fender mount bolts install bungee bolts or other shouldered style bolt where stock fender mount bolts are slip the bag over the exposed bolt heads install a jesus clip or snap ring and viola removeable bags and your only left with chrome bolt heads that stick out maybe an inch past the fender strut when bags are removed

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
well it doesn't have to be super easy. i guess it can even be time comsuming, i just want to be able to take them off and not have big ugly brackets left over.

maybe i should get some easy throwover ones.
I know what you mean about brackets showing without bags on..... yuck!

·
Praying for sun!
146 Posts
I have some tourmaster slants mounted to EZ Brackets. The only thing left on the bike when you remove them are the two 'knobs' that the brackets mount to. I wanted the ability to remove easily and these work great.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Leatherlyke bags aren't leather, of course, but they look great, they lock, and they're easy to take on and off. No brackets whatsoever. They're really tough. I love mine.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
I have a set of Leather bags and use the EZ Brackets. When you take them off you don't have any unsightly brackets left on the bike. I'm very happy with them. Search EZ Brackets and you can call them to order. They were very helpfull when I called and shipping was fast.

I'll try to get pictures close up tomorrow when I'm off work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts