Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to this board and would appreciate any help. I took my MSC about 2 yrs ago and never bought a bike, never rode since. All of a sudden I have a great opportunity to buy my neighbors Vulcan 750 at a bargain. Problem is I can't flat foot it, toes only. This makes me uncomfortable since it will be my first bike. I am 5'3" tall. My question is how easy is it to get the seat lowered, and what price range are we talkin'? I could not do the work myself. just tryin to decide if it is worth buying. The bike is a '95 with only 2400 miles on it, asking price $2500 negotiable.

:D :D Thanks!! :D :D

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Can't answer your question but if you don't buy, let me know cause I might...lol :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, it can be lowered!! BUT...

is the 750 too much bike for a beginner even if I can touch flat-footed? I talked to a shop today that said they could lower it about 2". Also, this sounds like a really good price to me since it only has 2400 mi. and has been garage stored. Is this a good price? It needs a new battery, but has 2 saddlebags and a windshield added and he is including 2 helmets.
:D Thanks again! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
IMHO, it would make no difference whether it was a 500 or 750, as far as being too much bike. If you can reach the ground, either would be fine. You just may like that extra power after a few hundred miles.... :wink:

·
Registered
837 Posts
thats not a bad price at all and if 2" less will be good for you....go get it :) of coarse you could always keep lookin for a better deal as there is alot of used bikes out there from guys just upgrading to bigger rides and not a thing wrong with their old scoots. :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope to make an offer today! I have been going around to some shops and sitting on different bikes to see if this is what I really want. I think my top choice would be a yamaha v star custom, but hubby is not willing to spend that much on my first bike (not knowing how much I will ride it). I did like the feel of the VN 750, just need to have it lowered, and I just can't pass up this deal!! Thanks for your help!!!!! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know what you mean about the V-star. My wife went from a 450 Rebel to a 750 Intruder to the 1100 V-star custom in about a 2 year stretch. She is 5' 3" and has no problem with it. I think she is settled on the 1100 now :wink: . Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
458 Posts
newbiegirl said:
I hope to make an offer today!
If you haven't made the deal yet offer $2000. Retail is about $2850 and trade in is $1945. Don't go higher than $2250. That will leave you enough to get it lowered and come out at $2500. Maybe some boots with good size heels will help also. I read about some womens boots in RoadBike that had higher heels.

Also, make sure he has done the proper maintenance and stored it properly. If you are unsure of his maintenance maybe you can get your mechanic to look at it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SEAT

DEFINATELY YES!!! IF you cant purchase a Corbin seat, Mustang seat, or any other seat company then take the seat into a boat shop or upholstery shop...a boat shop will install a closed cell foam like a plastic or gell foam tha twill last a long time andy ou will get eithrr your original cover put on or a custom one...open cell foam is like a sponge that assorbs water...still they could shave out 2" and put the seat upholstery back on...some people just don't think of it...Boat upholstery is the best though...the closed cell foam will assorb most any vibration and you will not get the numb buzzy butt from the sadle...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts