Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took a little ride tonight, maybe for about 25 minutes. When I got home, I put my bike into the garage. Now here comes the question, and yes, im a new rider and when I bought my bike, I didnt get a manual for it, so I was kinda freaking out. When I turned off the bike, the engine heat gauge was at the normal spot, closer to cold then hot of course, not quite in the middle, but more towards the cold (like in a car). Anyways, as I shut it off, the fan went on, and it was my first time hearing it. I turned off the key and the fan kept going without the key in the ignition. After about 1 minute, it turned off. Is this normal?!?! Or is my engine overheating??

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Yes, this is perfectly normal, there is a sensor that runs off the radiator that runs the fan. It runs until the engine is cool again. It probably turned on because the water stopped flowing and it normally gets a bit hotter when this happens.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Freakinout! Very much appreciated and the advice made me happy, boy did I get a scare!! :lol:

Thanks again!

p.s.and by the way, nice bike! I had seen it before, did you paint the bottom in gray recently or has it always been that way? I thought I had already seen it but all silver...... :?:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I think it makes it look very good. All silver was nice also, but this is more of a contrast. And also, since it is close to the tire color, it makes a nice color change. So I say its really nice! :mrgreen:

Good job!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts