Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has sort of a dry rubbing sound when Idling.Does anybody else have this.Its like a dull squeak but more like a rubbing.Cant tell where it's coming from.everything else checks out fine,stator,r/r performance.I usually ride with ear plugs but lately I do without.Is this just noises they make or possibly because of the cold weather?Please let me know what you think.

·
Retired High Miler
1,209 Posts
squeeek

My bike has sort of a dry rubbing sound when Idling.Does anybody else have this.Its like a dull squeak but more like a rubbing.Cant tell where it's coming from.everything else checks out fine,stator,r/r performance.I usually ride with ear plugs but lately I do without.Is this just noises they make or possibly because of the cold weather?Please let me know what you think.
a squeek is common with the lt, some have taken off the windshield and found the noise is gone. :redface:

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a squeek is common with the lt, some have taken off the windshield and found the noise is gone. :redface:
I have noticed it more now that I put on some new lowers I made.They are bigger and when you lean to one side or the other you dont hear it.I know that a windhshield does bring the sounds back to you but at idle off the bike I can hear it.I just dont know anybody close who has one to compare to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts