Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for a new Ninja 500. No one around town has one. On place has a 2004 with 1699 miles on it, asking $4000.00, but it has been dropped at a low speed. Scuffed up on right side. Found a new on in a town about 40 miles from me. Can drive it off for $5300.00. Tax, title, registration and 3 year extended warranty. Only thing holding me up is I asked him about setting suspension up for me and maybe dropping preload to lower it a little, have short legs. He looked at me kind of dumb and said most people just drive then off, but he could ask his tech to see if he knew how to do it. That got me a little worried. Any thoughts on this? Should I talk to tech? Run, or buy it and take it to a closer shop that I know and trust.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would talk to the tech, alot of times the salesman knows less than you about the bikes. They are just happy to get your money and their commision.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've seen some guys around here in this forum saying they got the same bike brand new for about that much. I would keep looking. My guess is your gonna get ripped off if you go with it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Do both

Go talk to the tech about what he can or can't do...lowering is **** near impossible on a 500R. Since youare on the coast you could take advantage of going to a boat reupholstery shop an have them custom make/remake your seat. the closed cell foam is more like a gell foam and not like the open cell sponge foam. They can make you a custom seat from yours and it can be lowered to a position tha twill fit you real nice,,,custom in fact so that you are lower and they can even adjust theposition of the seat/saddle portion for you so hat you stay in the aerodynamic slipstream ...depending upon the length of yor arms and upper torso of your body...the 3 years sounds great...check with some other buyers and ask fo ra couple of referneces and then also do a check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there are currently any complaints on this business...IF not the jump on it!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts