Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might go take a look at a 96 800 intruder tonight.

Its been rejetted, new pipes, hypercharger, mustang seat with about 11000 miles on it. 3rd owner, never been wrecked.

Wondering what you think a good price might be?

Only thing I've been told is wrong with it is that at idle it sounds like one of the cylinders is missing. I've been told it runs fine at higher RPM but the idle is bad. Any ideas?

Also I'm new to these bikes so any other trouble spots I might wanna look at?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I had the option to buy a 98 Intruder 800 this week actually. Rejetted, baffles removed on the pipes, 10,800 miles, windshield, very well maintained. He's trading it in for a larger Suzuki and told me it was mine for $1800, it's what the dealer offered him in a trade in. I looked into them and was not really impressed and turned it down. I looked on You Tube and they all sound like crap too. LOL Even with an aftermarket exhaust. I just wasn't impressed. KBB on those are like $2700 but NADA is like $1900 so I would not pay more than $1900 for one and that was an 98.

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
those bikes are a pain in the *** to work on. just sayin. everything is all jammed up on top of everything else. if your not much of a wrench, ya might not want it. plus, most dealers arent gonna wanna work on a bike that old either. my .02. but if its a good deal, theres only one way to learn. they do kinda have a funny lope. a tune up with new plugs and plug wires would prolly do the trick on the missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.