Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm getting back into riding after a 10 year absence. I am leaning toward a middle sized bike for a year or two, then graduating up to something larger. Tomorrow I'm going to look at a 94 Vulcan 750. It's my 2nd to last stop in the middle weight cruisers (I've looked at Hondas and Yamis already), next and last stop will be an 800 Intruder.

I'm 6'3" and 210 pounds. Do you think I'll be comfortable riding the VN750 as a commuter? Long cruises on weekends or after work? How are the 750s two up? (my wife is 5'2" & 120 pounds, if that matters) Is there a particular model quirk that the 750s have that deserves a special look?

If the 750 doesn't seem right for me after I am up close and personal, I guess I have a couple choices. Start looking at larger cruisers or look at a different style machine. Some of the larger standards/sport tourers have appeal. Opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for helpin out the new guy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've been riding for 28 years, started on a honda 360 good size bike back then. You are a big guy, the 750 would be great for commuting and runnig around, but for 2 up traveling it will be kinda small for your stature. If you are going to trade it on something bigger in a couple of years, might as well get something big right off, get used to it, take a safety course or 2, then when you feel comfortable go 2 up. I tried sport tourers had 2 kawasaki concours, but went to a Vulcan 1600 much more comfortable in town and daily commuting and the wife likes it much better too. Good luck, its not easy making a bike decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went and test drove it today.... and ended up buying it. So now I'm a Kawasaki owner. :)

Should I be aware of any derogatory nicknames the other brand owners have for us? If so, a couple snappy retorts would come in handy.

Ok, ok, so I'm a little excited/happy/enthusiastic. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
:D Congratulations on your new bike. You will not get any derrogatory remarks from other bikers, except maybe RUB's harley owners :roll: . Just get out there and enjoy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paco said:
Just get out there and enjoy it.
Went for an hour ride today. Just cruising around local roads within a couple miles of the house. I forgot how much fun it is to just get out and ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Question on VN750

Jon, another great usergroup for the VN750 is http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VN750/

Lots of input from many owners and lots and lots of headsup on the bike.

Good luck and good riding...
Bill...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts