Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a M/C buddy of mine and I may have figured out a way to keep my turn signals and go with a quick detach sissy bar setup. I was wondering if any of you have either the Jardine or Paladine (National Cycle) quick detach setup.

I would like to know any pros and cons you may have, as well as the heights of you bar. Pics would be awesome!

Does the Jardine lock like the Paladine?

Thanks,

-Rigor

·
Night Rider
802 Posts
I had no idea that Jardine made a quick release sissy bar. I was only aware of Paladine's when I purchased mine last year off ebay.

I don't have any specific pros other than I think the Paladin is great, although I have only rode with it on the bike twice, my hair kept getting caught in it as I was riding.

The only negative I could think of would be the msrp ($550). That's why I bought mine off ebay, it was used and I only paid $125 including shipping.

·
Beach invasions by appt.
95 Posts
Rigor, I have the Paladine and it works great. Just make sure they send the 8mm bolts and not the 10mm as they are too long. The back rest pops on and off with no problems and stays locked.

·
Night Rider
802 Posts
Just make sure they send the 8mm bolts and not the 10mm as they are too long.
Forgot about this, Coastie is entirely correct. Both Paladin and Ghost Brackets were not sure how their products worked in conjunction with each other. They just knew that they did.

If you have Ghost Brackets, don't splurge on the extra mounting hardware for quick detach sissy bar if you haven't yet.

The mounting hardware included from Paladin is correct since you are removing the factory fender trim and replacing them with the included Paladin fender trim anyway.

Here is an older thread that may answer some ???'s or give you new ones.
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/104655-ghost-brackets-sissy-bar.html

Just found this thread. In it, I give more info about installing the Paladin backrest as well as a few additional pics.
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/120947-rapid-sissybar-dismount.html

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. So I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly that on the Kawi Custom you have to remove the rear fender plasti-chrome for the Paladin? If that's the case then I may go with the Jardine. I don't use saddle bags since I have a side mount license plate bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts