Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a little spin on the way to work this morning, and had to make a U-Turn at the end of this nice long, straight, open, clear stretch of highway.
Just to satisfy my curiosity I cracked the throttle a little more than I have so far and the bike hit triple digits quicker than I have ever expercianced in my life, and certainly in less time than I thought it was possible. I rolled off at just over 100mph, as that was most certainly quick enough for me.....but holy cow can this bike accelerate!!!!!!!!!!!

At 100mph it started to pull harder and quicker than from a standing stop. I can't for the life of me imagine what it pulls to, or what speeds above 160mph feel like....but I know she was in a big hurry to get there.

I've ridden many sportbikes in my past, and had always marvelled at the torque and stump pulling power the V2K provided...but this 14 is really in different league all together.

I can see how easily and quickly any mere mortal could get into serious trouble on a bike like this. I've been very content, satisifed, and happy that this bike will cruise around at the speeds that we like to.....but Holy Mary, Mother of God it re-defines warp speed.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Went for a little spin on the way to work this morning, and had to make a U-Turn at the end of this nice long, straight, open, clear stretch of highway.
Just to satisfy my curiosity I cracked the throttle a little more than I have so far and the bike hit triple digits quicker than I have ever expercianced in my life, and certainly in less time than I thought it was possible. I rolled off at just over 100mph, as that was most certainly quick enough for me.....but holy cow can this bike accelerate!!!!!!!!!!!

At 100mph it started to pull harder and quicker than from a standing stop. I can't for the life of me imagine what it pulls to, or what speeds above 160mph feel like....but I know she was in a big hurry to get there.

I've ridden many sportbikes in my past, and had always marvelled at the torque and stump pulling power the V2K provided...but this 14 is really in different league all together.

I can see how easily and quickly any mere mortal could get into serious trouble on a bike like this. I've been very content, satisifed, and happy that this bike will cruise around at the speeds that we like to.....but Holy Mary, Mother of God it re-defines warp speed.

No Sir, your an agnostic/atheist, you cannot call on the holy mother

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
uhh huhh, didn't take long...hahhaah, so glad I got rid of my R6, I wasn't afraid to open it up...and there is really no need for that kind of speed...it's hard to believe young kids on these things

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
i know my ZX-6 will get up and go...but it would get smoked by a 14. i dont know if i could ride one because the 6 is enough to scare me. but a 14? id probably faint with the feeling of my brain smooshing against the back of my skull LOL

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
The ZX14 is a very nice do it all bike.
It is comfortable, somewhat nimble, fast, instant power and capable of cruising for hours. What more would yo need?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts