Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its too bad im a first time poster but just lost my '03 RR, Acctually i just got home from a six day stay at a local hospital.. Let me start off with the bike.. Yup it was my 1st bike, i took over payments from my older bro in 2003, the bike was just a month old (April '03).. I picked up riding quick, my 3rd time on a bike ever my bro took me to HWY 9, its a local road with milles and miles of twisties (in the santa cruz Cali mountians).. **** ill admit i was scared!! especially when the revvs went over 12K, i was scared but fell in love at feeling of the bike and especially the sound and handling.. I was hooked on ridding. . THEN came the stunting.. always rolled with my homies (4 riders usually).. I could say i picked that up quick too.. just 6 months after i got the bike i was already doing wheelies stand up and sitting down, Indo's, i got too brave on that bike too soon.. but nothing happend to me till this year, cause i dont who u are u will go down for a first time, (oct '04) i was on my way 2 school i ran into a '04 ZX6R.. we went light to light stunting.. at aroun a mile and ahalf of stunting at the 3rd light i get it up like i usually do on second gear about 40mph? the i came down.... and the RR wobbled and BAM i see stars*********** Fracturerd neck, broken knee, and lots and lots of road rash... i coulda been paralized from neck down, **** that was crazy.... moral of the story dont stunt RR's keep those green machines for the track.. and hell ya ill get an other Kawi... ZX10R coming soon..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... it just started to wobble like crazy...then im on the road tumbling.. ?maybe a stabilizer woudla helped?? dunno?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
zx6DUB-R said:
... it just started to wobble like crazy...then im on the road tumbling.. ?maybe a stabilizer woudla helped?? dunno?
Its a tank slapper. Caused by excessive head shake (handlebar's shaking). A steering damper (stabilizer) would have helped. But keeping both wheels on the ground would have been much simpler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True... but c'mon i know we all go on one wheel, sum more than others, and sum do it where its just stupid and asking to drop the bike.... im just sayin just by the way the bike handles not a good stunt bike, my boys got R6s wen they rode mine they said "**** your bike is wobbley".. i think kawi shoulda threw in a steering dampner from the factory,.. by the way i did lower the front of the bike a 1/4 inch, didnt raise the back but did put a 190 in the back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... Oh yea for sum reason the rear rim broke in half, it looks like the tire hit the curb, but i would think the tire would pop and not the rim :shock: :?: :shock: ... like said the TIRE hit not the RIM.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Freakinout wrote - But keeping both wheels on the ground would have been much simpler.
I have to agree w/Freakinout, and I am a huge fan of "safe riding" not "squids"......sorry to hear of your accident zx6DUB-R, that is unfortunate....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi Zx6dub-r!

Sorry to hear you had a bad spill. :cry:

Let me start by saying that I like to see stunts, but have never and will never stunt! I like my bike and my life too much to pull that stuff off. Looks awefully cool though!

Just wondering did you have all your gear?

I have a Scotts damper and I have never felt any head shake, or have experienced a tank slapper. Regardless of what bike you have, I strongly recommend a steering damper, specially if you're doing wheelies. A friend of mine has a ZX10R and he rides pretty aggresively, no stunts just rides hard and he told me that he wouldn't get on a ZX10R if it didn't have a steering damper.

Anyway just my 2 cents!

Get well soon! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:roll: ... nah no gear on, just a helmet, and a t-shirt jeans.. no gloves but i got lucky, for sum reason no road rash on hands,... but yea it for sure needs a damper.. even wen i would ride it hard no stunting, just hard in 1st (usually cant go hard in 1st cause it would just come all the way off the ground) or second gear esspecialy in the up shift.. the nose would just get real light and start 2 float, then you could sense it wanna start to tank slap.... that happend to me a lot but not when like i went down there was no warning there... just like a **** bull it threw me off.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well it's too bad....... :evil: actually I should probably just stop there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Man you seriously need to rethink your hobbie. You get on motorcycle with no gear and probaly no training either. And you ride like a squid.
Stuntting is for fools, I'm sorry I have no sympathy for you as you brought this all on your self.

·
Registered
302 Posts
:twisted: I like the way you think.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hey man, sucks what happened. Atleast you're in one piece for the most part. Don't pay attention to the people on here that all they want to do is tell you how stupid you are. You were the one who did it and know you screwed up. If you get back on and go more power to you. I sure hope you do anyway.

As far as what happened I've seen it before. My friends and I were riding at about 70mph and the 2 behind us took off. The 2 in front gear down and go to catch up. One guy is on a CBR600RR with about $12,000 extra in it. His wheel came up and when it hit his whole bike wobbled like a crazy. I thought he and the guy next to him were toast. Luckly he used to race and knew how to ride it out. We took it easy for the rest of the day. They are right though, a damper would help it from not happening. I'm deffinatly getting one for my 9R.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
zx6DUB-R,

Sorri about the wreck.....glad you are still alive!!!! Many people have died riding like that.....fool hardy. :-( Its not to late to take the MSF riders course and learn to do things the right way.

Heather

·
Registered
305 Posts
Its not to late to take the MSF riders course and learn to do things the right way.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's the right way, more like the more safe way. You can ride the 'right way' right off of a cliff.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Deal with the pain...I'm sure you are...forget the ego trip....it'll kill ya as fast as a bike out of control...get some riding gear to protect yourself...learn to be safe...and by all means ride again when your ready. We all make mistakes but what counts is how you move ahead.

Get well soon!:)

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Nothing like a stupid rider who has not learned his lesson :-? :-?

Ride like that on a ZX10R & you will end up in a body bag.

Why not kill yourself, you're doing nothing but giving the rest of the bikers bad names & images.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts