Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all of the "I'm new to riding and I'm buying a <fill in favorite racing replica bike here> because I can handle it" threads, it strikes me that most of these people have already made up their mind. They think buying a ZX10-R, an R-1 or a GSX-R1000 will make them popular and that hot chicks will flock to them. This glamorous bike will make their lives as exciting as the characters in "Torque".

I hope some of these people use enough of their thinking organ to take advice about gaining skills and moving up to heart, but I suspect most of them do not. It's like trying to talk somebody out of marrying a stripper - they don't want to hear your advice.

There, I ranted and I feel better. You don't enjoy a bike, you enjoy a ride.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
well all of that is true, except yes, chicks do flood to awesome machines, and then to the guys who ride them. So yes a ZX-10R will help your..hm......personal life. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I disagree with the girls flocking to the high end bikes. Most girls, not all, some do know bikes, but most don't know the difference between engine sizes and different manufactors. They don't know and don't even care.

I have a zx-6r and still pull in lots of girls. There are the guys who get the big stuff and can't truely ride well yet and it's pretty obvious and the girls don't want any of that because it scares them. It really don't matter what kind of bike you have girls still flock to bikes. My buddy has a 1990 600 and the girls love it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
STUPID

Race bikes for beginners is STUPID. AS a furum member I have the right to express myself. When a beginner gets killed or severly hurt those of you who protest about this and othre postings...take it to heart, you in part have been part of the problem, not the solution. Suck it up be proud, advise people that you don't even know, or know their abilities, you are only putting a nail in their casket...I hope that you can smile and say, Yep, I told him he could ride one! I'm so proud of myself!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The newbies that get bikes like that do it for the ability to say I have a "blah blah blah" and for the most part chicks flock to any sort of bike, they love em!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have to agree with you all race bikes and newbies = bad idea... And yes back in the day when I had my old 600 the girls still flocked to it.. I think they just like the thrill of the bike... Your all right 99.9% of the girls out there do nothave a clue as to what bike is what and how much power they have or they do not have...

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Thats true, but if your on a busa, you can tell a chick that you beat any other stock bike out there. Can't say that on a 600. But for the most part, A chick will ignore you until you flash money/bike. Then you get what you want :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ZX-10R Urza said:
Thats true, but if your on a busa, you can tell a chick that you beat any other stock bike out there. Can't say that on a 600. But for the most part, A chick will ignore you until you flash money/bike. Then you get what you want :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
any girl that requires that isn't one you want to be picking up. :shock:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ZX-10R Urza said:
You can say whatever you want, it doesn't have to be true. But you already knew that.... 8)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: STUPID

ZX-2R said:
Race bikes for beginners is STUPID.
Yeah, but stupid people know that *THEY* aren't stupid - so pointing out the obvious to somebody with no grasp of the obvious (just read some of the posts in this thread for examples...) is like talking to a brick. 8)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Agreed

I guess if they don't understand an insult then they couldn't understand safety either....good point.....I just hate to see anymore dead bodies...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ZX-10R Urza said:
But for the most part, A chick will ignore you until you flash money/bike.
Sorry about your luck dude... 8)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have to agree that with most women, if they dig bikes, it doesn't matter what you ride. If she does dig sportbikes but doesn't know a whole about them that "Ninja" on the side of the bike will pull 'em in quick, even if it is only a 250 or 500. Most non-riders think the Ninjas are the baddest, fastest sportbikes out there (which is true in the ZX-10R's case). Thank you Kawasaki PR dept. for helping me get attention with one simple sticker on a very docile bike. It is awesome when a girl asks you what kind of bike you ride and you respond with "a Ninja," sometimes you can see those eyes actually sparkle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh yeah, I must agree that the Ninja logo is great. It's one of the first things girls ask, even if the don't know about bikes is what do you have. Guy's are spouting off different letter and number combinations, and you can see that they are lost, but when you can simple say, ninja, an oh wow or similar expression is sure to follow.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Oh my god, what as this turned into !

Yeah and drive down the street in my porsche, see a good looking babe, just pull over and open the door and she'll jump right in ! Usually about this time my alrm goes off and I have to get up for work. Sigh.

How to pick up imaginary women for teenyboppers ?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NINJA

I wonder if putting Ninja or Porsche on my wifes windstar would help me to get some attention....gee, Uncle Bob, ma7ybe all you need on your bike is a Porsche emblem, ya' think?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts