·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
dang! that is totally awful

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
thats an old vid.
the problem is you cant stop the race INSTANTLY. the trackworkers should have stayed OFF THE TRACK untill every rider was aware of the problem. they should have had FLAGS so that the riders could see them clearer/better. one should have stayed down track around the corner slowing traffic, NOT around the corner where the riders wouldnt see them till on top of them. (like you seen)
just bad judgement on all parties. :roll:

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is an awful incident. ****! :cry:
What tics me off is that clip was part of a web site called "funnyjunk." :twisted:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
EVEN FLAGMEN

Even Flagmen KNOW not to cross over till everyone knows on the track...Definately inexperienced and mostlikely uninformed (not knowing) the proper rules...someone must have forgot to invite them to both their and the drivers meetings...STUPID is what it is...definately avoidable. "FUNNYJUNK" is totally inappropriate for whoever labeled it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can only speak of what I've seen here in Japan but...
1. A bike/rider down on the track is an instant red flag. Meaning red flag and red lights come out/go on at every corner worker station.
2. Once the corner workers (all have radios) see every bike on the track is headed into the pits. Then they proceed onto the track.

That looked like Loudon. I rode there years ago. Can't remember if there was a corner worker station at every corner.
I remember the track was awful, though.
Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts