Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a zr 400 xanthus here, i filled my coolant reserve up to 1/2 of its tank. Cant really see the lines marked as to where it is on the maximum. While Im using the bike the temp goes up half of the gauge together with the fan running. I dont consider the bike as overheating already but how come collant comes out of the reservoir? It sorts of flowing out and when the flow stops I think that collant is on the very low side already short of dried up. Not experiencing overheating but am a little bit concenred on the amount of collant and water. Should I change my radiator caps? Are automotive caps be used on my radiator? What exactly is the number of pressure of the cap would i get? Will I go for the higher or lower pressure caps? TIA guys.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update, the bike is just new to me. yesterday while stuck in traffic it just spit collant again from the reservoir. the only way that i add water is putting it in the reservoir. yesterday when the bike colled down, i found out that i dont have water in the radiator itself. do you think that having no water in the radiator, but it has some in the reservoir could be the reason for the coolant to come out on the reservoir's overflow tube? i filled up about 1 or 2 cups of distilled water and let the bike idle for a while, didint notice a temp change and i reved the bike stationary at about 6,000rpms and still no temp change on the gauge, though didint ride her today coz its raining. could have i solved the bike's quirk? planning also to flush the water from the system and putting 50/50 water and coolant, before changing the caps. what do you think guys

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just flushed the rad and put 50/50 coolant and distilled water, didnt change the rad cap though. Be trying to ride her tomorrow weather permitting. Keep you updated guys. Hope this solves my problem, coz she's a sweet ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been riding her for 2 days and so far so good, never experienced spewing of coolant, will be inspecting coolant contents this weekend. Hoping alls well . Keep you posted guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts