Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,
I know I have a lot of questions. But I guess this is the place to ask. I haven't seem my raditaor fan run at all. Should this fan run frequently, or only in excessive heat conditions?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

mine never comes on when i'm moving 8)
only if i'm sitting still and it pretty hot outside-since i've owned the 1600
i've only heard it a handful of times and the 800 is the same way 8)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
My fan only kicks on at stop lights or in slow moving city traffic. When I'm on the road, I would never know if it came on because I'd never hear it. Mine is very quiet

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a fuse blow on mine I found out when the water light illuminated. Otherwise when on the road I don't think it runs much but sitting and running slow 20 MPH it will run frequently.

·
Registered
837 Posts
when first got the bike new...it ran frequently but now it only comes on in slow traffic or at stop lights but runnin down the road it stays off....

·
Registered
37 Posts
mine almost always runs at stop lights or slow moving traffic such as 20mph, but almost never at higher speeds. you should definitely check your fuse & wiring if it hasn't run at all esp with high temp's outside. good luck!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
The 2003's had a 10A fuse which didn't quite cut it. They replaced it with a 15A and a sticker to replace the fuse labeling. Check your fusebox and see if you've got a 15A in there. If not, check with your dealer to get the parts. Kawasaki sent the replacement fuse and the sticker directly to me and said to check with my dealer if I didn't want to do the "repair" myself. I was able to handle it!

I've been riding since April here in WI (when it's not raining - which has been a lot) and my fan came on for the first time this year yesterday in stop and go traffic and it was about 80 degrees and sunny.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey,
My fan just came on today. I stopped just after some city driving and ti ran for about 15 seconds after I shut her down. I guess all os OK. Thanks for the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts