Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned today that you have to be extremely careful when taking your helmet off after a rain shower! :shock:

This morning I was out for a ride and it started raining, so I pull over and stop at Starbucks, I thought I'll get a coffee and just wait until it stops raining. When I went to take my helmet off, I started taking it off and when it's almost off my head, it slips out of my hands!!! It's falling behind me!! I turn around as fast as I can and to my own amazement I caught it!! :shock: That was a close one!

It's a brand new three day old black HJC AC-11!!! :shock:

Anyway, I thought I would share this with everyone, helmets are very slippery when wet!! :D

Stay safe!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
As you take your helmet off, slide your index finger into the D-ring. It will prevent the helmet from getting out of your grip in the future.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
phew. Close one. Good catch. Dropping a new lid would be a maddening. I'll remember that next time mine gets wet though...

·
Registered
605 Posts
also, just for your info, don't life the visor when raining heavily although there is a rubber thing to stop it, the rain then goes under the visor and that's hard to clean the small portion :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
eh, I can get enough of it clean when I have the hemet off and a little thin tool with a hole in it just for towels, I just don't prefer to clean rain from the inside with it still on my head and have it raining outside.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
ZX6RRNewbie said:
I learned today that you have to be extremely careful when taking your helmet off after a rain shower! :shock:

This morning I was out for a ride and it started raining, so I pull over and stop at Starbucks, I thought I'll get a coffee and just wait until it stops raining. When I went to take my helmet off, I started taking it off and when it's almost off my head, it slips out of my hands!!! It's falling behind me!! I turn around as fast as I can and to my own amazement I caught it!! :shock: That was a close one!

It's a brand new three day old black HJC AC-11!!! :shock:

Anyway, I thought I would share this with everyone, helmets are very slippery when wet!! :D

stay safe!!
Glad you caught your helmet. Would have been a shame to have it bump the ground :cry:

ps watch out for other things that are slippery when wet! :shock: Oil from the road comes out too!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Stuart said:
eh, I can get enough of it clean when I have the hemet off and a little thin tool with a hole in it just for towels, I just don't prefer to clean rain from the inside with it still on my head and have it raining outside.
Oh yeah, rain on the inside sucks WHILE you're riding. I've found my HJC CL-12 does a good job of keeping viability up while I'm ridding, even through down pours.

·
Registered
605 Posts
oh yeah, I was just saying as much as you are tempted don't lift the visor up, because it will rain into the visor, but no water enters my helmet during rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts