Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
20,607 Posts
after reading this thread i think i've decided to sell my motorbike and buy a car.

i've no idea how you all can ride such inherently unsave modes of transport

[/sarcasm]

· Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I'm calling bunk to this section. ....
NCDAVE, my friend, I've been riding for a hell of a long time ......
Dave's right about everything in his first post. .......
Yea, I didn't realize that was the problem until I read your post and thought... he's exactly right!

Glad we figured that out!......
Dep, I really wasn't trying to attack you. Just trying to express that my riding experience has shown me some different things that what the author of that article was saying. Obviously it was only a lack of understanding the points and ideas that we're trying to make to each other. I now understand what you are trying to explain after reading some of the additional posts. I think we were all right in our own way, but it was an apple/orange type of thing. It's always good to learn more though. Sorry if I offended you with my comments.

Just for the record....I have a lot of experience too! :p
(that was ONLY a jab...no offense intended!!!) :biggrin:

· 2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Go to a parking lot in the pouring rain and at ten miles per hour slam on the brakes. Notice that the bike doesn't skid or only skids a tiny tiny bit.

And then do it at 15 MPH.

Etc. etc.

When you get to fifty MPH and are weaving the bike and slamming on the brakes and you see how hard it is to get the bike to break traction, even in standing water, even as your leaning, and that when it does break traction (at the extreme end of the braking pressure or under extreme acceleration) and you simply back off the brake or throttle a hair and it grabs again, you will become a safer more confidant rider and rain rider.

Dep
I just did as you said, and dumped my bike and injured myself. Since you did not include any disclaimer I will now be sueing you for the costs of my bike repairs and medical bills. :tongue:

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No, no, didn't offend me! Thanks for the apologies! I take all this arguing with my tongue firmly in my cheek! I just wanna know the TRUTH about motorcycle riding... and so when people disagree with a point, my intention is to learn from it.

But some people talk out their a** or they don't read carefully, or they just assume they can figure things out by deciding what makes sense to THEM, they don't bother learning the science!

All in fun! And just trying to make us safer!

Dep

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.