Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For it was this day in history that two significant events occurred.

June 17, 1775 The opening shots were fired at the Battle of Bunker Hill, and while it was technically a victory for the British it was a stellar example of the warrior sprit and iron-willed resolve of our forefathers.

June 17, 1972 In the early morning hours in Washington, DC five burglars were arrested breaking into the Democratic national headquarters. Among those arrested was George Gordon Liddy. Throughout his trial he refused to implicate others and held to the code of silence even after receiving a 20 year prison sentence. Before being released after 5 years by then president Carter, he served over 106 days in solitary confinement. Another man who knows the meaning of the PALS.

·
Registered
134 Posts
On this date in 1815, the battle of Waterloo was fought in Belgium, ending Napoleon's reign and over 20 years of war.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

on this date in 1903:

the first trans-continental automobile trip took place from san francisco to new york

it took 3 months :shock:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess nobody's a fan of American history & how it effects us today eh :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Rat, if we don't know where we've been, how can we tell where we're going?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spok said:
Rat, if we don't know where we've been, how can we tell where we're going?
That's why the Democratic party is re writing history. They can tell us the "true" story & how we need to to get to where they want us :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
History

My wife is a big history person. When I get located on my chunk of sand in AZ. she can take trips to CA all she wants. I'll have my 51 Studebaker, 72 Chevy Longhorn pickup and at least two motorcycles. I may make some trips to CA and ride the Pacific coast all the way to Canada the back through Montana and from ther esouth till I get back to AZ. Practicing in the hills east of Phoenix, I'm sure that many of you will see me, as I will be online, just not quite as much. I don't want a TV. I want a serious antenna for radio reception, a satelite radio antenna, some top end gear for filtering and processing the signal, like for my Ham radio station. I want to have a jacuzzi bath tub, serious commercial air handlers that control temperature and humidity, and a bunk room outside completely screened in for when I feel like I need to be one with nature, and still be protected. Perhaps a diesel Pickup, I like the new 6.0 Ford F-350 4 door with the long bed, and all the gears and buttons for power or overdrive, dual rear tires and no front wheel drive/transfer case

1 - 8 of 8 Posts