Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could find some raked rtiple trees for the vn900? I'm only finding kits for the 800. I'm sure the width is the same, but not sure on the neck sizes.
any help would be appreciated..

·
Can You See Me Now?
325 Posts
Try texasmetrics.com, they have some I know for the V2K that I've been wanting. But I seen a couple months ago the shop was for sale.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
nope!

scootworks shows trees "in development" maybe they have protos by now?
When i had my 800 i emailed them 3 times and never got a responce. I then tried to complain to there service dept about the lack of responce and never heard from them either. That same set of pics and links have been there for 3 years and nothing has changed. Don't waste your time. I've had excellent service from Scootworks in the past when ordering stuff but i think that area is dead.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked Biker's Image about Texas Metrics, and they aren't sure what happened to them? but I don't think they are around anymore.. I too have contacted Scootworks on the trees. I've sent an email to Morton's Customs. I'm going to call Southeast Cycles tomorrow.
Can anyone think of any other fab shops?
Whatever I find, I'll report back.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Does anyone know where I could find some raked rtiple trees for the vn900? I'm only finding kits for the 800. I'm sure the width is the same, but not sure on the neck sizes.
any help would be appreciated..
Yeah, I wanted raked trees for my 800 but I have read SO MUCH negative reports on raking your trees without raking the neck of the frame that I would not waste my money. Most big custom shops wont sell you the trees alone anymore as it completely f__ks up your rake and trail and the handling of the bike leading to potentially fatal things like real instability at highway sppeds, tank slap and general poor handling. Do some research yourself and you will see. Just my 2c

If you want a raked front end, rake the neck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After talking to alot of shops, I'm findng the same response, anything over 4 degrees (rake) you want to stay away from raked trees. Being new to bikes, I just thought it was another way of extending your wheel out. I guess a cut and re-weld of the neck is in order. Symetry has to be perfect in that mod, so I'll probably look for a shop to perform it.

.. frustrating .. being a DIY'er and knowing your limitations

·
Registered
104 Posts
raked

Try SEEGERCYCLE for a cool kit to rake any bike in about 4 hrs,no welding

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SeeGerCycle, is the only company who has gotten back to me, so far. They plan on making something in the future, but don't have anything now, nor a time frame of when they'll start mock up of the 900 kit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That makes absolutely no sense to me what-so-ever.If you have raked trees why are they still taking their measurement of angle from the stock neck degree,and what is the benafit of getting the result from reworking the neck?It's still the same exact results.

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
After talking to alot of shops, I'm findng the same response, anything over 4 degrees (rake) you want to stay away from raked trees. Being new to bikes, I just thought it was another way of extending your wheel out. I guess a cut and re-weld of the neck is in order. Symetry has to be perfect in that mod, so I'll probably look for a shop to perform it.

Takes a smart guy to know his limitations and live within them.
Ride Safe

·
Registered
164 Posts
That makes absolutely no sense to me what-so-ever.If you have raked trees why are they still taking their measurement of angle from the stock neck degree,and what is the benafit of getting the result from reworking the neck?It's still the same exact results.
They have to take the measurement from the stock neck because what we call trail is in actuality a way to quantify the geometric relation of two vectors. You re-work the neck to keep it and the trees parallel.

·
Registered
137 Posts

well yes...... and no

If you rake the trees over 4 degrees, you need to find or have raked cups for your steering neck. this will adjust the trail back to within specs. On my friends sporty we did 3 degree cups and 3 degree trees, rides fine!

·
Registered
612 Posts
well yes...... and no

If you rake the trees over 4 degrees, you need to find or have raked cups for your steering neck. this will adjust the trail back to within specs. On my friends sporty we did 3 degree cups and 3 degree trees, rides fine!
What are raked cups for the steering neck? This is the first I have heard of this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts