Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I would apply a couple of layers of clear coat. That will protect the paint. Get automotive quality, and you should be good to go. There is a spray that is used when painting on a painted surface, that really make the paint bond on excellently. You just wipe it on. Your local Auto body Supply shop will know the name. I have a can in my barn, it would take me so long to find, I would probably just buy a new one, but you wipe each area only once, wait 15 minutes DON'T TOUCH THE SURFACE! Then spray the surface, the results are amazing. :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I use rouge to clean, then polish aluminum, it's easier to hit it with a buffing wheel ever year or so to get it looking like Chrome again. Clear coat, if it cracks, let water in and the oxidation causes pits. I am almost done doing all my GS750ES cases that were clear coated brushed aluminum. The honestly looked horrible. Now they look great! :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have a hand held Makita disc Grinder, and put the Rouge on a cloth wheel I found for it. It's very effective, and you can really control what you want to route to polish by the pressure you apply. It's what I've done my cases with. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts