Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to the rims on the VN900, the spokes on the factory set get dull fast. No amount of cleaning or polishing will bring the luster back.

Winter time seems like a good time to make mods that will keep your bike down for a while, so the old spoke versus “mag” question has been floating around my head lately.

Spoked rims are a pain to keep clean, and need occasional attention to be kept true.
Although aftermarket rims don’t have these two issues, there are not a lot of choices out there right now, and they are expensive.

Does anyone know where I could get the factory rims re-laced with stainless spokes? About how much it would cost? Would it even be worth it when comparing cost and maintenance between spoke and mags?

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I'd look at doing it myself, and you are definitely right about how they dull quickly. If you could order them, I'd think if you do them one at a time it wouldn't be too difficult to do. I always adjust mine by ear. in other words, I tap them and listen to the pitch compared to the others close by. They might not be properly right (although I think they are), but at least they are consistent.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll second the recommendation for Buchanans. They've build every wheel I've needed done since the mid-70's, excellent work, quick turn-around, and reasonable prices

1 - 4 of 4 Posts