Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have genereal questions about the idle speed contol valve or what ever they are called. ISC I think they are known as. I haved a 2005 Meanie 1600.

With V&H Big Shots (baffles in) PCIII USB and Barron Big Air kit (BAK)
I like not having to pull choke every time the bike is cold. So re-installed the I.S.C.

After that I noticed the ICS 's were extemely loud. So I extended the hoses and wires so I could mount them under the tank. It was still noisy. Then I noticed there the 2 ends on the ICS"S that hoeses aren't connected to, are where where the noise is comming from . So I added 2 more hoses and ran them under the seat.. That pretty much maid them a lott quieter, not silent but bairley hear them.

My question is will I harm the bike in any way by doing this?
and could this be a permanant solution?
If anyone has a better way of quieting the ICS's please feel free to comment! :)

post back I am open for any sugestions! help pleaseee :confused:

mymeanie:cool:

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
Sounds like a permanent solution to me, can't see where the harm would be...unless they draw air in those hoses, then you may have to add little air filters to those two ends.

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
I thought the PCIII would get "confused" with the ISC's left in place. Mine idles fine and I have the same setup. Did you remove the coasters and plate them or "marble" them? On really cold days I have to use my throttle lock and open up the flow and little bit more, but only for about a minute at most. Would a good dyno tune help the idle / choke issue?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a permanent solution to me, can't see where the harm would be...unless they draw air in those hoses, then you may have to add little air filters to those two ends.
thanks! i am going to put some filters on it. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the PCIII would get "confused" with the ISC's left in place. Mine idles fine and I have the same setup. Did you remove the coasters and plate them or "marble" them? On really cold days I have to use my throttle lock and open up the flow and little bit more, but only for about a minute at most. Would a good dyno tune help the idle / choke issue?
I'm not sure if it confuses the PC I hope not .. I beleve ths ICS shuts off after the engine reaches a certain noramal op temp? As far as the Plates...When I ordered the Baron Big Air Kit (BAk) it came with Reed valve Block Off plates so I did that.:wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I need some help. Just installed BAK and block off plates this past week. Went to start my bike and it will not start. Had no issues prior to this. Went through and double checked every step I made, everything looks good. My only thought now is that since its 40 degrees outside am I having a fuel detonation issue, as I am running fall fuel in there still.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it is a great solution and also it is a permanent solution but you have to be careful about the air and also you have to add air filters must be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts