Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just reading the sticky on how to pick up your bike....

i've only had to pick mine up twice, once when i first got it, once on a road near mt house. my dad layed the brand new bike on its side. he told me to pick it up. i just grabbed both grips and pulled it up untill i could stick my hip under the side and pushed it up that way. when i dropped my bike on the dirt road i did the same thing....it was alot easier then i thought.

(dont mind me, nothing to do) ^-^

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Good Job!!!!
I "laid" my bike the first 2 weeks I had my bike...once on the left once on the right...I was so bummed....but I have'nt since....so I guess I got it out of the way!! :wink: The bike is heavier than I thought, but I did ok.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Happy Riding..... 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as long as i remember to not pull the front brake too suddenly while turning on dirt :D ....i think i wont drop it that way again ^-^

·
Registered
605 Posts
when turning onto dirt always be extremely slowed even if you have to annoy the drivers behind you a little bit, and unlike pavement sudden movements are not enjoyed by dirt so if it's just a little rock and it's not pointy don't try to manuever around it if you don't have time.

My torquey bike has taught me all this in dirt because if I move the front wheel into a rut I feel this awesome sensation behind me...that is the front wheel going one way...and the back wheel telling it which way it was going and then coming to a mutual agreement

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked it. sounds fun ^-^

there is a poker run in sept sometime, i forgot the date. it's at the northland motor sports here in flagstaff.

first chance i get i'll post all the info for anyone who is interested. my dad, brother and i might go...actually not sure about my brother...

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
That technique works great! A friend told me about it a couple of years ago, but I actually tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I deliberately laid my son's bike down (I used a blanket on the garage floor and set it down VERY gently!) and picked it up using the technique. I have really bad knees and a bad lower back, but I easily picked up his Shadow 750. I think I could pick up a much heavier bike using that technique. I hope I won't ever need to use it, but it's nice to know it works so well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts