Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know the story about my zx 11 burning oil. I assume that the bike has many good parts still, rods, crankshaft, cam shaft, etc. What realistic money could I get for all these parts if I sold them out of the engine. I am toying with the idea of breaking down the motor and cleaning up the good parts and selling them on ebay and where ever. How much could I ask for each part? I really want to get a new motor put in it and my father wants to pay for it but I am thinking if I could sell the parts and get most if not all of the money to do it then that is a much better idea. Thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is another question, I would like to know what I could get realisticly for the whole engine or am I better off tearing it down.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
why not just rebuild it ? do a muzzy big bore kit ? do a leak down and see if its rings or valves leaking ?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, the problem is that I have to rebuild or replace it, the piston rings are shot and the valve seals are gone as well. I am looking into just rebuilding but am toying with the idea of replacing the motor. I just wonder what type of money I could get to part out the old motor should I replace the motor. If i dont replace the motor, then Ill rebuild the one I got, just weighing my options.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
IMHO, sell the whole engine. Very few people are looking for the separate parts, and those that are, would rather just buy a whole engine and have spare parts.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just do a search on ebay for zx-11 engine and see what comes up. Or even zx-11 and select engine parts from the left hand side. You'll get an idea what parts are going for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts