Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding almost a year. started out on a vulcan 900 and now I have a concours 14. I laid the vulcan down once in a sharp turn. leaned too far for that bike. so decided to get something that can carry all the stuff I need for work and lean in the corners. so far I have 800 on the concours and love. can't wait to get back from this deployment and ride again.

·
TV Guru
11,773 Posts
I've been riding almost a year. started out on a vulcan 900 and now I have a concours 14. I laid the vulcan down once in a sharp turn. leaned too far for that bike. so decided to get something that can carry all the stuff I need for work and lean in the corners. so far I have 800 on the concours and love. can't wait to get back from this deployment and ride again.
OK, I'll ask....

What exactly do you mean "leaned too far for that bike"? Did you hit the floor boards or some other hard part?

If not, you didn't lean to far for the bike. You likely leaned to far for road conditions or what you felt was safe.

The only things that would cause a bike to lay down while leaning are either hitting something that takes the wheels of the road (like foot pegs, the exhaust or floor boards) or running over something that reduces traction, like sand, road paint, manholes, wet or rough pavement. The rest is all in the head.

I only ask, because I want to be sure you're cornering correctly and didn't panic because it simply felt like you were leaning too far. The fact is, most bikes will lean much further than most riders ever dare to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I'll ask....

What exactly do you mean "leaned too far for that bike"? Did you hit the floor boards or some other hard part?

If not, you didn't lean to far for the bike. You likely leaned to far for road conditions or what you felt was safe.

The only things that would cause a bike to lay down while leaning are either hitting something that takes the wheels of the road (like foot pegs, the exhaust or floor boards) or running over something that reduces traction, like sand, road paint, manholes, wet or rough pavement. The rest is all in the head.

I only ask, because I want to be sure you're cornering correctly and didn't panic because it simply felt like you were leaning too far. The fact is, most bikes will lean much further than most riders ever dare to.
I was dragging the peg (900 custom) and just went too far. lost traction for the speed etc.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I was dragging the peg (900 custom) and just went too far. lost traction for the speed etc.
Further proof that cruisers, not sportbikes, are dangerous. With that said, all of you cruiser riders need to trade-in your bikes and get the bike that you really wanted in the first place.

And since we're being so honest here, your spouse really doesn't enjoy riding on the back of your bike and you don't want her back there either.

Buy a supersport !!!

Join us... ride to the light... we're waiting for you ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Further proof that cruisers, not sportbikes, are dangerous. With that said, all of you cruiser riders need to trade-in your bikes and get the bike that you really wanted in the first place.

And since we're being so honest here, your spouse really doesn't enjoy riding on the back of your bike and you don't want her back there either.

Buy a supersport !!!

Join us... ride to the light... we're waiting for you ;)
lol. cruisers have their place, and so do sport bikes. but what makes sport bikes hazardous according to me are the stupid riders + stupid drivers = death. usually. meaning the guy that thinks he can do anything riding next to joe blow that doesn't give a flying flip about bikes and stupidity attracts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.