Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear Brake all mushy, need help

Ok, i am a new rider on a used bike (1993 Zx6R).

Recently when the bike is really warm the rear brake peddle will offer no resistance what so ever and does not work.

I have recently changed the tires out myself, could i have done something or is there some other cause to this?

Any suggestions please.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If it was working fine before you changed the tire out, you probably just introduced a little air into the line. If you've already pumped the pedal a few dozen times and the brake is not restored, a Mityvac brake pump and some fresh brake-fluid will do the trick.
-CCinC

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
i agree with cal but how did he get air in the lines by changing his tire out ? unless he was playing with the banjo bolt or bleeder valve ? no other way to introduce air into the lines.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sounds to me like he has water vapor in his line. When the bike runs hot the brakes become mush or the fluid in the brake line expands so much that they become mush and may need a new line.

Brake lines should be replaced every 3-4 years unless they are steel braided.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Have the pads been pumped back out after they were spread apart to get disc back in. Or maybe the brake caliper was installed wrong.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Change out your brake fluid. Should be done annually. Also OEM lines are supposed to changed once every 3/4 years or you can go aftermarket like Galfer and it is a one time expense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts