Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM INTRESTED IN PUTTING A SOLO SEAT ON MY CUSTOM 900 AND WOULD LIKE TO ADD A FENDER BIB TO COVER THE DENTS THE STOCK SEAT LEAVES....BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND FENDER BIBS FOR THE 900, THEY ONLY HAVE FOR THE MEAN STREAK AND BIGGER BIKES :shock: .

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT REAR FENDER BIB WILL FIT MY 900 CUSTOM?????

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
if your going with the saddlemen solo seat, there isnt going to be alot of room for a bib. but the one for the V2K should work. you'll have to drill some holes, but it should work. nobody makes a fender bib for the 900 because theres no stock holes to mount to. but that shouldnt stop you , not gonna stop me!! :)

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the solo seat?

Silver Wolf
No...I was thinking of getting it, the saddlemen solo seat, just to change the look a little, but what stop me is..that when I took the stock off..I saw two dents where the seat rest...so It stop me from buying it. But then I saw Spazz with his on his Normed and thaught the fender bib would be a good idea to hide those dents.....but when I went online, it seems that they dont have fender bibs for the 900.

Also, I wanted to try the solo, because I read it lowered you a bit and maybe it will help me reach the foot control better.

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if your going with the saddlemen solo seat, there isnt going to be alot of room for a bib. but the one for the V2K should work. you'll have to drill some holes, but it should work. nobody makes a fender bib for the 900 because theres no stock holes to mount to. but that shouldnt stop you , not gonna stop me!! :)

Drill !!!:shock: oh my!...this is getting a little to complicated. And isnt the solo seat smaller then the stock? why would it leave less room for the fender bib, when the solo hardly goes over the rear fender? This is strarting to sound to complicated for me :confused:

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
The saddlemen solo seat is not like your typical solo seat.
heres a link to a post with pics of one.http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/63707-new-bling-gotta-love-bling.html
as you can see Tely, there isnt alot of room there. i know, it sucks, we can thank Kawi for messin up when they designed the seat and how it attaches. I have wanted to go with a solo seat since I got my bike last june, but just couldnt get used to the looks of the only available solo seat out there. well, I finally did, lol ordered it saturday.
I will either go with a bib (yep, i'll drill the holes needed) or a fender rack(again, drilling the holes needed) I feel comfortable doing it because I know I'll never go 2-up. my wife will NOT get on, and I prefer to ride solo anyways.

·
vulcan 900 custom
59 Posts
I have not found a seat yet that will fit the vn 900 costom. The seats that you will find are for the classic and you will have to modify to fit the costom. I speak from experience.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
View attachment 16116

someone found a way to get a solo seat on this custom.
I do know that someone sold a saddlemen solo seat because it was scratching the rear fender of his 900 custom,cant remember who it was though, but this here is clearly a custom, and clearly a saddlemen solo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
hey tely, if you are looking to dress up the rear fender then I think its time to break out the drill. But if your only concern is covering the fugly fender divots under the seat, than you don't have any thing to worry about. Take a close look at the pics in the link slpr_61 included you will see the seat easily covers said offending ugly pits.

·
TriXie Chaser
1,823 Posts
Hey teli, I added the saddlemen seat. I to didnt like the dents in the fender. I knew that would bother me allot. I also wanted to remove the rear turn signals. So at the same time I had the body shop fix the dents also. I love the new look. Be brave DO IT

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Looks awesome, MrZazz. I assume you have the clear alternatives integrated blinkers? But I have to ask, where's you're licence plate?

·
TriXie Chaser
1,823 Posts
Well I dont know yet. I'm thinking vertical by the rear pulley. I dont want to get to close to the pulley, it takes away from the look of the chrome.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Vertical would look awesome, Zazz.

That's what I wanted to do, but I just got bags, and the side mount plate would look wierd with bags, too.

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On hold for now

Tely I was interested to here if you found the solo seat that fit your 900 custom
I was intrested, but after I read the hassle it is to go solo, I have put it on hold...I thought it would be " buy the solo seat, get a rear fender bib to cover the dents and thats it"...but it seems like it is a little more complicated then that, so......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts