Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe GPz550 I bought didn't have rear pegs. I was told they had to remove them because of the performance exhaust.

Do I need special rear pegs for my bike?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
REAR PEGS

Probably not, but IF you don't need them then don't put them on. In fact I would leave them off to discourage a second rider on the bike...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured I could make some special bracket to fit the pegs but that wouldn't be for this year. I'll practice alone for this year and maybe next year I'll prepare to have someone join me.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Riding double up

Riding with a passenger is not the same...the bike setup unless you change it is dialed in for one person, tire pressure set for one person, and the person on the back HAS to lean with you or you will be in big trouble in your very first simi-fast turn...esp if they want to stay sitting uprigh an ddon't want the blactop right under their elbow, rather being that close to the ground as you lean through the corner... Been there too..not fun! Then too I have set my bike up (when I had my "Brand S" bike) and I had a passenger that loved to ride and lean...we would drag the foot pegs, as we acellerated through the mountain Switchbacks...

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have an 84 gpz 9 that the rear pegs were cut off. it acually looks pretty good. I dont want to buy the whole bracket because for one is it expensive and another reason is not to have a 2nd rider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts