Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday had the ER6F (650R) Ministry of Transport tested (Obligatory in the UK every twelve months after three years of age) and it passed OK but the examiner commented that there was a little 'movement' in the forward mounting of the rear shock. He said that in his experience this was not unusual for Kawasakis (?) possibly for alignment. but as my bike has only done about 7000 miles he'd give it the benefit of the doubt. Anyone have any thoughts on this ?.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Never worked on one yet m8 but looking at the fiche the ER6s have only got a 'damper' fitted to the front mounting, not a bearing or solid bush, so i'd expect movement. If he passed it he knows there's nowt wrong.

As for it not being unusual for Kawis, he's talking out of his arse-crack :wink:

PS I'm a qualified MOT-Tester :oops:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never worked on one yet m8 but looking at the fiche the ER6s have only got a 'damper' fitted to the front mounting, not a bearing or solid bush, so i'd expect movement. If he passed it he knows there's nowt wrong.

As for it not being unusual for Kawis, he's talking out of his arse-crack :wink:

PS I'm a qualified MOT-Tester :oops:
Thanks OSOG, I take it that it is something of a 'Metalastic' (Rubber bonded bush with a steel tube for the mounting bolt fixture) bush. Whether-or-not he was so talented to be able speak from where you describe I'd rather not comment but I bow to your experience in these matters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts