Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about what kind of miles are people getting out of rear tires on a crusiers , I have 12000km on my new bike and the rear tire looks like maybe another 2000km and I will replace.

·
Super Moderator
10,774 Posts
There are so many variables with road types, location, road conditions and riding styles that discussions like this always turn into a disaster. The best you can do is flip a coin and try one. If you like it, buy it again. On my current bike I've used at least a dozen different tires to find what is best for me.

But know this: longer mileage = harder tire = less grip. I tend to lean toward shorter mileage so I have grippier tires in the wet. It rains a lot where I live so I'll be on wet roads about 50% of the time all summer long.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I agree with rbentnail. Grip is what I want. It only takes one slip to ruin your day or possibly your health.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I try not to drive in the rain now that I,ve been retired for 21 yrs I can pick my riding days. On checking out tires the Metzeler me 888 marathon gets good reviews along side the Michelin commander.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts